New VRML project: INT3D System
Author Message
 New VRML project: INT3D System

Dear List
with the present message we put to your kind attention our new project :

INT3D System (www.int3d.com) is realized in VRML97 format and includes :
Online 3D editor; Online 3D viewer; Interactive 3D models and 3D scenes.

INT3D - EDITOR: New online editor which gives the possibility to create,
modify and save virtual interactive scenes.
INT3D - MODELS: 3D photorealistic interactive models, figuring furniture and
base elements, used for the composition of the scenes. The features of each
model (dimensions, colours, textures, lighting ) can be easily modified
through INT3D-Editor. All models' files have very small sizes (2 - 10 Kb)
and are optimized to be used on Internet. For this reason using them makes
possible to create scenes which can be quickly loaded for a perfect
interactive vision..
INT3D - SCENES:  3D Interactive scenes built with INT3D-Editor and saved as
vrml files. The scenes can be saved on user's own computer, but the files of
all models and textures used in the scenes are always placed on our site
(www.int3d.com). This means that the saved scenes have very short sizes but
they can be viewed and edited only through an internet connection. It is
possible as well to place the saved INT3D-scenes on user's own site.
INT3D - VIEWER.Very simple to use program which allows an interactive vision
of the INT3D-scenes..

The most interesting features of the system are:
- INT3D system is able to work on different Internet-browsers (but at the
moment through Netscape is not always possible to save the scenes), in
different platforms and with different VRML clients.
- At the moment INT3D System is completly working with ?Cortona? and
?Cosmoplayer?. We are planning to optimise the next version of the program
for ?Contact? as well.
- INT3D System allows an high quality of the interactive vision joined to a
small size of the models' files.
- The INT3D-models are not only interactive . It's possible to change many
parameters.
- The interface of the program allows to input numerical data.

Examles our INT3D-scenes for fast previewing:
Kitchen:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://www.int3d.com/scene...
en1.wrl
Sofa:
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ://www.int3d.com/scene...
.wrl

Best regards
Arch. Gianni Dragone

www.int3d.com

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 22:40:19 GMT
 New VRML project: INT3D System
Sorry these are the correct addresses

 Kitchen:
http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...

Sofa:
http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...

 Best regards
 Arch. Gianni Dragone

 www.int3d.com

Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:42:44 GMT
 New VRML project: INT3D System
Great stuff! I'm working too on self edit scene and I hope this will prove the
emergency to provide some toString() function that *do* print full object fields
or to provide a "Browser.save(selection);"  method. VRML (<RM3D>) will start to
be useful and used when you'll be able to edit and save your change.

Sylvain Carette
VRML designer-composer

Quote:

> Dear List
> with the present message we put to your kind attention our new project :

> INT3D System (www.int3d.com) is realized in VRML97 format and includes :
> Online 3D editor; Online 3D viewer; Interactive 3D models and 3D scenes.

> INT3D - EDITOR: New online editor which gives the possibility to create,
> modify and save virtual interactive scenes.
> INT3D - MODELS: 3D photorealistic interactive models, figuring furniture and
> base elements, used for the composition of the scenes. The features of each
> model (dimensions, colours, textures, lighting ) can be easily modified
> through INT3D-Editor. All models' files have very small sizes (2 - 10 Kb)
> and are optimized to be used on Internet. For this reason using them makes
> possible to create scenes which can be quickly loaded for a perfect
> interactive vision..
> INT3D - SCENES:  3D Interactive scenes built with INT3D-Editor and saved as
> VRML files. The scenes can be saved on user's own computer, but the files of
> all models and textures used in the scenes are always placed on our site
> (www.int3d.com). This means that the saved scenes have very short sizes but
> they can be viewed and edited only through an internet connection. It is
> possible as well to place the saved INT3D-scenes on user's own site.
> INT3D - VIEWER.Very simple to use program which allows an interactive vision
> of the INT3D-scenes..

> The most interesting features of the system are:
> - INT3D system is able to work on different Internet-browsers (but at the
> moment through Netscape is not always possible to save the scenes), in
> different platforms and with different VRML clients.
> - At the moment INT3D System is completly working with ?Cortona? and
> ?Cosmoplayer?. We are planning to optimise the next version of the program
> for ?Contact? as well.
> - INT3D System allows an high quality of the interactive vision joined to a
> small size of the models' files.
> - The INT3D-models are not only interactive . It's possible to change many
> parameters.
> - The interface of the program allows to input numerical data.

> Examles our INT3D-scenes for fast previewing:
> Kitchen:
> http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...
> en1.wrl
> Sofa:
> http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...
> .wrl

> Best regards
> Arch. Gianni Dragone

> www.int3d.com

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 03:22:43 GMT
 New VRML project: INT3D System
Interessante ....

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 06:57:23 GMT
 New VRML project: INT3D System

Quote:
> Sorry these are the correct addresses

>  Kitchen:

http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...
en1.wrl

I got "TexT[2] has no properties" in Cortona. Looks like a simple typo.

Quote:
> Sofa:

http://www.int3d.com/system/view1b.cgi?url=http://www.int3d.com/scene...
.wrl

Quote:

>  Best regards
>  Arch. Gianni Dragone

>  www.int3d.com

Keep up the good work

Paul Aslin
http://members.nbci.com/vrmlworld

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:28:59 GMT
 New VRML project: INT3D System

Quote:
> Great stuff! I'm working too on self edit scene and I hope this will prove
the
> emergency to provide some toString() function that *do* print full object
fields
> or to provide a "Browser.save(selection);"  method. VRML (<RM3D>) will
start to
> be useful and used when you'll be able to edit and save your change.

> Sylvain Carette
> VRML designer-composer

I agree with you fully.

Direct saving of vrml presents *no* security risks provided:
1) The file must have "#VRML V2.0 utf8" at the top.
2) The creation/linking of Java class files as disallowed.

You can always print to the console, save the log to a directory and tell
the user to rename it but this is a pain. We also need an inbuilt GZip
compresser.

The conversion of nodes to strings fields isn't even covered in the VRML 97
spec.

where node is DEF SomeNode Group{.....}

string = SomeNode;
string *should* contain DEF SomeNode Group{}

This is true in Cortona,
but not in Cosmo Player and Blaxxun Contact where it is something  like
"Group{"

I had to use this method to get the names of nodes when I don't know what
they are (more accurately I don't care as long as they have one!). Had to
add code to prevent using the Script in anything but Cortona. Lucky it was
only a development tool.

What is needed is a method like:

string.entireNode(SomeNode);
which would give back Group { children [.. etc

also:

var = SomeNode.length;

is a dumb access method which prevents the use of the name "length" in a
PROTO field.

Whe also need easier ways of finding out the DEFed name and Node type of a
node without having to resort to string handling tricks.

Paul Aslin

Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:24:10 GMT

1. Java & VRML new project from Spain

2. New Operating System Development Project

3. New Operating System Development Project

4. New VRML Telerobotics System

5. New : Multi User VRML system

6. US - New York City - Smalltalk Developers - 3 Major New Projects

7. VRML, multi-agent system, behavior, expert system

8. New VRML content at VRML.SGI.COM

9. New Cafe VRML resource section at vrml.sgi.com

10. New Cafe VRML community pages at vrml.sgi.com/ register for a link

11. NEW: VRML Harmonium - First VRML 2.0 Musical Instrument

12. SYSTEMS SCIENCE ANNOUNCES NEW RELEASE OF ITS VERA VERIFICATION SYSTEM