Background node
Author Message
 Background node

Hi,

I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) . I have
seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i don't remember
which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen (really nice background
Bob), so if anyone can help me.

Thanks you very much,

Gerry

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
Hi.   I'll make one up for you.   I have Bryce 4, and can do it in about 20
seconds.  : )

I'll put it up at http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

let me know what U think.

Quote:

> Hi,

> I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) . I have
> seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i don't remember
> which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen (really nice background
> Bob), so if anyone can help me.

> Thanks you very much,

> Gerry

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node

20 Apr 2000:

Quote:
>I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) .
>I have seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i
>don't remember which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen
>(really nice background Bob), so if anyone can help me.

Thanks very much.  I started fooling around with the numbers in the
Background node (I think I may have started with somebody else's world
myself, but their sky was orange I think), and the only credit I can
claim is that I knew when to stop.  I've got a copy at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/blank.wrl
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

I can please only one person per day.
Today is not your day.
Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Mon, 07 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
Nice work, and tnx. But there are some sharp edges around the sky, you know,
where the texture cross eachother, but that's no big deal.
Thanks again:)
Quote:

>Hi.   I'll make one up for you.   I have Bryce 4, and can do it in about 20
>seconds.  : )

>I'll put it up at http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

>let me know what U think.

>> Hi,

>> I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) . I
have
>> seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i don't remember
>> which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen (really nice
background
>> Bob), so if anyone can help me.

>> Thanks you very much,

>> Gerry

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
Hi Bob,

I used your background in a world of mine (tnx), but i have a little
problem: these worlds are in a different orientation then the background
node.
What i mean is: If i use the default viewpoint, i see the top of my world
(and the background is blue and green). Is there a way to rotate the
background, with a transform node or something ?

Greetings,

Gerry

Quote:

>20 Apr 2000:

>>I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) .
>>I have seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i
>>don't remember which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen
>>(really nice background Bob), so if anyone can help me.

>Thanks very much.  I started fooling around with the numbers in the
>Background node (I think I may have started with somebody else's world
>myself, but their sky was orange I think), and the only credit I can
>claim is that I knew when to stop.  I've got a copy at
>http://home.hiwaay.net/~crispen/vrmlworks/blank.wrl
>--
>Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
>crispen at hiwaay dot net

>I can please only one person per day.
>Today is not your day.
>Tomorrow isn't looking good either.

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
Check it again.  I fixed the sharp vertical lines this morning.

http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

I'm working on a psychadelic sunset too.

Quote:

> Nice work, and tnx. But there are some sharp edges around the sky, you know,
> where the texture cross eachother, but that's no big deal.
> Thanks again:)

> >Hi.   I'll make one up for you.   I have Bryce 4, and can do it in about 20
> >seconds.  : )

> >I'll put it up at http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

> >let me know what U think.

> >> Hi,

> >> I'm looking for a realistic background, you know with a blue sky :) . I
> have
> >> seen an example from someone who posted a msg here, but i don't remember
> >> which one. I know he lent the sky from Bob Crispen (really nice
> background
> >> Bob), so if anyone can help me.

> >> Thanks you very much,

> >> Gerry

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
That is better indeed, i really appreciate your help. Now i'm going to
implement it in a few worlds and see the result.
Thanks, i'll let you know what it looks like if i've implemented it.

Greetings

Gerry

Quote:

>Check it again.  I fixed the sharp vertical lines this morning.

>http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

>I'm working on a psychadelic sunset too.

>> Nice work, and tnx. But there are some sharp edges around the sky, you
know,
>> where the texture cross eachother, but that's no big deal.
>> Thanks again:)

>> >Hi.   I'll make one up for you.   I have Bryce 4, and can do it in about
20
>> >seconds.  : )

>> >I'll put it up at http://www.valleyfreeweb.com/skies

>> >let me know what U think.

>> have
>> background

Tue, 08 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Background node
You may want to look at these fine backgrounds.
http://www.web3dmedia.com/UniversalMedia/textures/panoramas/index.htm
You may want to find out more about Universal Media in general too.

--
---
Mr. Phillip Sand Hansel II

http://philliphansel.com

Quote:

.
> >> have
> remember
> >> background

Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Background node in VRML

2. Background node on SGI

3. Help with backUrl of Background node

4. tiling Background Nodes ????

5. Looking for Background node image files

6. Background node

7. Background node not working

8. Background node in CosmoPlayer beta2 ?

9. help with VRML2 Text , background nodes please..?

10. Background node...

11. Background node problem

12. Labview 5.1.1 crashes when I use Invoke Node or Property Node