Playing Miniature Golf Online
Author Message
 Playing Miniature Golf Online

This last summer I spent a few days with some Swedish
cousins on Cape Cod, and we had a blast.  The high
point of the blast was playing miniature golf, I couldn't
believe it, my two cousins in their fifties and one of their
{*filter*}age daughters, who would have known.

So now ... I am looking for a Virtual Reality version of
miniature golf.  Hopefully something with a chat
feature, something I can feel good about emailing my
cousins about ... something besides "Beavis & Butthead:
Bunghole In One."

I figured this newsgroup would be a good place to ask.
There's got to be a good 3D miniature golf game online
somewhere !!

~T~I~A~

Roger

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing Miniature Golf Online
How would you want to swing the club etc?

First person perspective (from the avatar's eyes) or from a mobile viewpoint
outside the player?

Sounds like fun for someone to try to make; would you like to put a few
"playability" ideas out first?

- Bob Greer

<this message both posted and e-mailed>

Quote:
>This last summer I spent a few days with some Swedish
>cousins on Cape Cod, and we had a blast.  The high
>point of the blast was playing miniature golf, I couldn't
>believe it, my two cousins in their fifties and one of their
>{*filter*}age daughters, who would have known.

>So now ... I am looking for a Virtual Reality version of
>miniature golf.  Hopefully something with a chat
>feature, something I can feel good about emailing my
>cousins about ... something besides "Beavis & Butthead:
>Bunghole In One."

>I figured this newsgroup would be a good place to ask.
>There's got to be a good 3D miniature golf game online
>somewhere !!

>~T~I~A~

>Roger

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing Miniature Golf Online
Not vrml but Superscape SVR format - http://www.*-*-*.com/
online golf tournament site where you can play normal golf - you could
always ask for a miniature golf version!

Paul

Quote:
>This last summer I spent a few days with some Swedish
>cousins on Cape Cod, and we had a blast.  The high
>point of the blast was playing miniature golf, I couldn't
>believe it, my two cousins in their fifties and one of their
>{*filter*}age daughters, who would have known.

>So now ... I am looking for a Virtual Reality version of
>miniature golf.  Hopefully something with a chat
>feature, something I can feel good about emailing my
>cousins about ... something besides "Beavis & Butthead:
>Bunghole In One."

>I figured this newsgroup would be a good place to ask.
>There's got to be a good 3D miniature golf game online
>somewhere !!

>~T~I~A~

>Roger

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing Miniature Golf Online
Not VRML, and you have to buy it, but Sierra has a game called 3D
Minigolf that includes (in the free version 1.1 patch) internet play.
Haven't tried it on the net, but the mini-golf game itself is decent.
While the interaction, movement, hidden areas are all 3D, you can't move
around and choose a viewpoint.  The software chooses the viewpoint for
each shot as the game progresses.

Quote:

--
Mike McGurrin
Mitretek Systems

Visit our website at www.mitretek.org/its/

Sat, 21 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing Miniature Golf Online
In my case I'd start by coming up to date with the VRML spec ... I've
been using VRML 1.0 to teach geography at a local elementary school,
nearly forgetting about the added interactivity and animation in
VRML 2 (or is it 3 now).

In terms of features, since the online game is a continuation of a
fun time I had with some Swedish relatives at a family wedding
in Cape Cod this last summer, I'd want chat, and the chance to
hold someone else's ice cream cone when they were putting.

Roger

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Playing Miniature Golf Online

Quote:
>In my case I'd start by coming up to date with the VRML spec ... I've
>been using VRML 1.0 to teach geography at a local elementary school,
>nearly forgetting about the added interactivity and animation in
>VRML 2 (or is it 3 now).

At last, someone using it for the _best_ of reasons!

I'll bet they really enjoyed it too, eh?

Quote:
>In terms of features, since the online game is a continuation of a
>fun time I had with some Swedish relatives at a family wedding
>in Cape Cod this last summer, I'd want chat, and the chance to
>hold someone else's ice cream cone when they were putting.

Those are _definitely_ "must have" features.

A really heavy fog that rolls in unexpectedly would also be fun - and very
simple to do!

Quote:
>Roger

Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. !C4 Drops over on miniature app?

2. Miniature eurekula: how to design a functioning mind

3. Using cgi.rb in miniature server?

4. Enhanced PLAY.CMD with play list support

5. Ruby golf (FFT) Was: Freshmeat article about Ruby --> Anti-golf suggestions

6. Clarion Online is Online!

7. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

8. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

9. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

10. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

11. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL

12. Object Magazine Online - New June Issue - FREE NEW ONLINE WEB JOURNAL