Orhogonal Projection
Author Message
 Orhogonal Projection

Quote:

>          I'm considering reworking an application prototyped using
> OpenGL/Glut to VRML. The proto used orthogonal projection for much of
> its visualisation.
> Q: Is it possible to perform orthogonal projection in VRML? Is some sort
> of custom projection required or is it just first person only?

VRML 1.0 had both an OrthographicCamera and a PerspectiveCamera,
but the vrml 97 equivalent, Viewpoint, uses perspective viewing
only.  I can't remember why there wasn't an SFBool field called
"orthographic" or "perspective" in that node.  Perhaps it was
intended that VRML browsers be able to set orthographic viewing
as a browser option?

You might try setting the fieldOfView to a very small value and
setting a large positive Z value in the position field (assuming
you're looking toward negative Z) to see if that comes close
enough to what you want.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen

Music shouldn't be held responsible for the people who listen to it.

Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Orhogonal Projection
Hi All,
         I'm considering reworking an application prototyped using
OpenGL/Glut to VRML. The proto used orthogonal projection for much of
its visualisation.
Q: Is it possible to perform orthogonal projection in VRML? Is some sort
of custom projection required or is it just first person only?

        TIA,
                Brad Stark.

_____________
Brad Stark
Software Engineer.
InGennia Pty Ltd.

Sat, 30 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Projection in Clarion

2. 3D->2D perspective projection

3. 3D rotation and projection in Assembler

4. Ada-based design analysis tool needed (SLOC projections)

5. parallel projection

6. Orthographic/Parallel Projection with Layer2D in Blaxxun Contact

7. Axometric projection in VRML?

8. Need map projection algorithms

9. Looking for map projection algorithms/code

10. AN ENROLMENT PROJECTION PROBLEM

11. Help: Increased Lagrange algorithm with projection