VRML Trainset!!
Author Message
 VRML Trainset!!

This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the long
awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Check it out for yourelves!

Jake  WOOO!  WOOOOOOOOOO!  Chuffin Great!!!

Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:56:01 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!
Quote:
> This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
> Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the
long
> awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!

> http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

> Check it out for yourelves!

> Jake  WOOO!  WOOOOOOOOOO!  Chuffin Great!!!

 An  Error  message is all I got  ;^(

 |  [!] __ Sorry, __ ... only _ [ Microsoft's ]_ Internet Explorer
 |  ...  for ____ [ Microsoft ] ____ Windows can do this ...

 This from a company that pretended to support the
__ portable __  vendor & platform neutral
Graphics Language ___ VRML ___ ! ! !

 For portable animation on the Web ... use Java.

 If you want Microsoft specific solutions ...

 ...  fine ... there are MANY newsgroups dedicated to that ...

  ...  this is  ~~~  NOT  ~~~  one of them   !  ! !  !
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  I like animation on the Web that works ...

 ... REAL VRML ... VRML that works, VRML that is portable.

 That failed ...  I saw Nothun ... but an error message.

Can  *** I *** create Web Animations that are portable across:

  - Windows
  - Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-es
  - Macintosh
  - Symbian / EPOC
  - Be
  - PDAs, Phones, Game Machines, Automobiles & etc ?

  That  ~~~ WORK ~~~ on the ~~~ WEB ~~~~ ? ? ?

 Y-E-S ! !  YES ! !   Yes  ! ! ! yes ... with VRML & Java ...

 I've done, you can, we all can:  VRML is the portable solution.

 " VRML & Java work on Win-Lin-Mac & More " : Today & Forever.
  http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/java3d_and_vrml.html
  http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/H-Anim_Avatars.html

 "Distributed Virtual Worlds:... Using Vrml, Java, and Corba"
  | everyone connected to the Internet can directly
  | enter a virtual world __ without __ installing
  | a new kind of software. The VRML technology offers ...
  | interactive three-dimensional ... [ coming March 31, 2001 ]
  |
  | Stephan Diehl, author & General Chair of __ Web3D __ 2001 __

 VRML is portable,  if it 'aint portable,  it 'aint VRML.

 -- Paul,   Java Developer & Web Animator.
" Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a keyboard "

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 01:09:41 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:
> > This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
> > Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the
> long
> > awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!

> > http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

> > Check it out for yourelves!

> > Jake  WOOO!  WOOOOOOOOOO!  Chuffin Great!!!

>  An  Error  message is all I got  ;^(

>  |  [!] __ Sorry, __ ... only _ [ Microsoft's ]_ Internet Explorer
>  |  ...  for ____ [ Microsoft ] ____ Windows can do this ...

>  This from a company that pretended to support the
> __ portable __  vendor & platform neutral
> Graphics Language ___ VRML ___ ! ! !

>  For portable animation on the Web ... use Java.

>  If you want Microsoft specific solutions ...

>  ...  fine ... there are MANY newsgroups dedicated to that ...

>   ...  this is  ~~~  NOT  ~~~  one of them   !  ! !  !
>   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>   I like animation on the Web that works ...

>  ... REAL VRML ... VRML that works, VRML that is portable.

>  That failed ...  I saw Nothun ... but an error message.

> Can  *** I *** create Web Animations that are portable across:

>   - Windows
>   - Linux, Solaris, and other Unix-es
>   - Macintosh
>   - Symbian / EPOC
>   - Be
>   - PDAs, Phones, Game Machines, Automobiles & etc ?

>   That  ~~~ WORK ~~~ on the ~~~ WEB ~~~~ ? ? ?

>  Y-E-S ! !  YES ! !   Yes  ! ! ! yes ... with VRML & Java ...

>  I've done, you can, we all can:  VRML is the portable solution.

>  " VRML & Java work on Win-Lin-Mac & More " : Today & Forever.
>  -----------------------------------------------------
>   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/java3d_and_vrml.html
>   http://www.frontiernet.net/~imaging/H-Anim_Avatars.html

>  "Distributed Virtual Worlds:... Using Vrml, Java, and Corba"
>    ---------------------------------------------------------
>   | everyone connected to the Internet can directly
>   | enter a virtual world __ without __ installing
>   | a new kind of software. The VRML technology offers ...
>   | interactive three-dimensional ... [ coming March 31, 2001 ]
>   | Stephan Diehl, author & General Chair of __ Web3D __ 2001 __
>  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/3540676244/

>  VRML is portable,  if it 'aint portable,  it 'aint VRML.

>  -- Paul,   Java Developer & Web Animator.
>  -------------------------------------------------
> " Imaging the Imagined: Modeling with Math & a keyboard "

 I`m afraid your portable standard of VRML  is not my standards!  I like to
see innovative and creative not some boring look how smart I am and look how
many machines I can access to shove my boring java junkets on!
So Mr Gates is taking over the world big deal!  We will let him move over
and let the Flavin rule!  Your problem is you are being stifled by content
that is fun.   The way you go on and on sounds like you would not be happy
unless the equivalent Akimaki fridge was also a tumble dryer that worked off
steam and shit ice-cubes.  Give it a break try your java on a Spectrum zx
81!
Hey Paul Keep yir Cool stop yirsell going off the rails!  WOOO! WOOOOOOO!
;-)

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 04:02:30 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!
Hi Jake

Quote:
> This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
> Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the long
> awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!
> http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

it's amusing. Does it work under Cosmo et al. ? :-)

Evgeny

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 14:20:15 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!
i doubt it, it seems to use Cortonas draganddrop extension node..
db

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:15:35 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:
> it's amusing. Does it work under Cosmo et al. ? :-)

No, it doesn't.

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 15:57:32 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:
> Hi Jake

> > This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
> > Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the
long
> > awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!
> > http://www.*-*-*.com/

> it's amusing. Does it work under Cosmo et al. ? :-)

> Evgeny

Hi Evgeny,  I would not know if it worked under Cosmo?  I know for a fact
that it does not work on a ZX Spectrum but hey! Who uses a ZX nowadays?
The way Paul goes on and on sounds like he would not be happy
unless the equivalent AkimakiMcSchween  fridge was also a tumble dryer that
worked off steam and played {*filter*}with ice-cubes. Have a look at Ivan Klima`s
work to me, there is Genius!  When a certain person turns out work of that
standard then I will listen to him.  Now an idea for the trainset would be
to have it linked with Islands so you can add and create other items!  I see
this as the very first big step in virtual {*filter*} for the web and they are
on to a winner.  Is it wrong to be proud of a company that pushes on and
creates wonderful things for others to enjoy?
 Keep up the great work Evgeny

Jake

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:48:21 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:

>> > http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

>> it's amusing. Does it work under Cosmo et al. ? :-)

>Hi Evgeny,  I would not know if it worked under Cosmo?  I know for a fact
>that it does not work on a ZX Spectrum but hey! Who uses a ZX nowadays?

Netscape 4 + Cosmo : doesn't work
ICab + Cortona     : doesn't work

only IE (Windows) + Cortona would work (but I think 2 browsers
on my Mac are enough)

Pointing out this state of affairs can hardly be considered
a technophobic, stuck-in-the-technological-past reaction.

Note that I am not complaining about lack of Java support
(Paul is vocal enough on that subject), but rather about
being forced to use one particular browser+VRML
plugin combination. As a VRML developper, I try hard to
make my files standard enough that they can be viewed
on multiple combinations of browser+plug-in. What this does
is shut out that half of the public that prefers Netscape
over IE.

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:44:56 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:
> Netscape 4 + Cosmo : doesn't work
> ICab + Cortona     : doesn't work

> only IE (Windows) + Cortona would work (but I think 2 browsers
> on my Mac are enough)

because it takes advantage of parallegraphics draganddrop addition to
Cortona that only works on that combo.

Quote:
> Pointing out this state of affairs can hardly be considered
> a technophobic, stuck-in-the-technological-past reaction.

true.

Quote:
> Note that I am not complaining about lack of Java support
> (Paul is vocal enough on that subject), but rather about
> being forced to use one particular browser+VRML
> plugin combination. As a VRML developper, I try hard to
> make my files standard enough that they can be viewed
> on multiple combinations of browser+plug-in. What this does
> is shut out that half of the public that prefers Netscape
> over IE.

this is a pay off that parallelgraphics have chosen to show. in the majority
of cases to have special stuff like that, it comes at the cost of
specification compliance because most specifications just can't define [to
be really untechnical] really cool stuff. specs have to basic so that they
can be fully implemented and accepted by a vairety of platforms..
just life i suppose, the more platform specific u get, the more amazing..
not always the case, just often
db

Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:30:29 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!
Hi Jake

Quote:
> This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
> Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml the long
> awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is smokin`!!!!!!!
> http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

ask "ParallelGraphics" to make "Maze Constructor" too. Really the train will be
the maze if it includes "forks" and one can make his own path (maze) and put it
in his site.

Evgeny

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:24:29 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!
Hi Blaikie

Quote:
> > Netscape 4 + Cosmo : doesn't work
> > ICab + Cortona     : doesn't work

> > only IE (Windows) + Cortona would work (but I think 2 browsers
> > on my Mac are enough)

> because it takes advantage of parallegraphics draganddrop addition to
> Cortona that only works on that combo.

but why "ParallelGraphics" WRL don't work (very often) on NC+Cortona? :-)
(and the train too)

Evgeny

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 15:20:25 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Quote:
> but why "ParallelGraphics" WRL don't work (very often) on NC+Cortona? :-)
> (and the train too)

the train dosn't work because it uses Parallelgraphics extensions, its not
pure VRML97. when developing cross-plugin VRML u have to test it and adjust
it to work cross browser, because often plugins have slightly different
implementations of various basic features, all of whihc are correct
interpretations of the VRML 97 specification. the differences are usually
small but still need to be accounted for.
db

Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:05:48 GMT
 VRML Trainset!!

Feb 2001:

Quote:
>This is the best yet! A totally gobsmacking production! From the
>Parallelgraphics team.  Web content like this is going to make vrml
>the long awaited Buzz word!  Well done you guys and gals this is
>smokin`!!!!!!!

>http://www.parallelgraphics.com/showroom/stuff/games/railways/

Great stuff!  Love it!
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen
crispen at hiwaay dot net

What's another word for synonym?

Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:32:01 GMT

 [ 16 post ]  Go to page: [1] [2]

 Relevant Pages

1. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

2. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

3. VRML 2000 : Platform Independence Keeps VRML alive

4. Rapid flipping between 2 VRML-1 files with VRML-2

5. VRML 2.0 to VRML 1.0 Converter

6. vrml-java-generated vrml

7. Comunication between a VRML and a embedded VRML

8. VRML/java scripting example and vrml.* packages

9. obj to VRML & VRML to obj

10. IT-VRML: first Italian Vrml conference

11. VRML 3.0 or VRML 9x?

12. VOTE VRML WORLDS: ITALIAN VRML COMPETITION