My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down
Author Message
 My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

The two vrml browsers I use (Live 3D and Cosmo) determine the
speed of the moves in a VRML world (no matter whether it is with
the keyboard or the mouse) in proportion with the extreme coordinates
of the complete scene. That is perfect while the scene only
represents an object, but it becomes much too fast when, for instance,
I want to represent a 2-kilometer wide village and still be
able to visit the 10-meter wide houses that are in it: every
movement represents at least a change of 15 meters in the coordinates
of the viewpoint. Is there a way to fix that (VRML 1 or 2)?
Thanks in advance for your help.

       Produce 3D files with programming languages
http://www.*-*-*.com/

This message has been sent through a Web-to-USENET posting relay available
from http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~newzbot.  This particular message originated from
206.154.132.181.

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

Quote:

> The two VRML browsers I use (Live 3D and Cosmo) determine the
> speed of the moves in a VRML world (no matter whether it is with
> the keyboard or the mouse) in proportion with the extreme coordinates
> of the complete scene. That is perfect while the scene only
> represents an object, but it becomes much too fast when, for instance,
> I want to represent a 2-kilometer wide village and still be
> able to visit the 10-meter wide houses that are in it: every
> movement represents at least a change of 15 meters in the coordinates
> of the viewpoint. Is there a way to fix that (VRML 1 or 2)?
> Thanks in advance for your help.

>        Produce 3D files with programming languages
> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/4179/VrCocha.htm

> This message has been sent through a Web-to-USENET posting relay available
> from http://www.jammed.com/~newzbot.  This particular message originated from
> 206.154.132.181.

you can determine the speed of the moves with NavigationInfo node.
It has a speed field. It lets you specify the rate at which the viwer
travels through the word in meter per second.

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 My browser moves too fast - Please help to slow it down

Quote:

> The two VRML browsers I use (Live 3D and Cosmo) determine the
> speed of the moves in a VRML world (no matter whether it is with
> the keyboard or the mouse) in proportion with the extreme coordinates
> of the complete scene. That is perfect while the scene only
> represents an object, but it becomes much too fast when, for instance,
> I want to represent a 2-kilometer wide village and still be
> able to visit the 10-meter wide houses that are in it: every
> movement represents at least a change of 15 meters in the coordinates
> of the viewpoint. Is there a way to fix that (VRML 1 or 2)?
> Thanks in advance for your help.

In VRML2, there is a speed setting.  Try:

  Navigation {
    speed 5.5   <-  5.5 units per second.
  }

The speed field can have any positive value (within reason) & is
modifiable (sp?) on the fly.

--
Frank Gauthier                   (Voice)  (410) 715-9399
RABA Technologies                (Fax)    (410) 715-9397

Columbia, MD 21044               http://www.raba.com

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Slow down this turtle, please

2. Slow down this turtle, please

3. Slow down this turtle, please

4. Please explain: canvas and font commands slowing down

5. Move up/Move down buttons

6. Help! Slow moving problem

7. HELP - Need to slow down my PC (via software)

8. Help, please, running a _small_ test to narrow down a bug

9. Help, please, tracking down bug in Tcl 8.4a3

10. Help me please : Rounding-down numbers

11. Too slow to do transactions - Help Please!!

12. Please help on SLOW network access