Deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?
Author Message
 Deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?

Hi,
how can deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?
It is always there, and not in my sourcecode!

--
Kveejur / Gruesse / Regards
                                Sigrn

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~uf2x/index.html

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?

Quote:

> how can deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?
> It is always there, and not in my sourcecode!

The default viewpoint (if there are no Viewpoint nodes in the file) is
at x=0, y=0, z=10 and looks up the z-vector (straight "ahead"). This is
in the VRML97 specification. If you want to have the user start viewing
your world from a different position, you need to have a Viewpoint node
set at the appropriate position, with the appropriate orientation.

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?
Hi,
I have several viewpoints in my code and the first one is the one I get
when I open it in CosmoPlayer but the last one is Camera1 and it is not
from me (not in my code). It means, that when you want to go through all
viewpoints to see everything, you end with this Camera1-viewpoint and
that is not a good one (not for my scene). Do I have to rewrite the
scene so the viewpoints fits or what??
I didnt have this problem in CosmoPlayer2.0 but I have 2.1 now.

Regards,
Sigrun

Quote:

> > how can deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?
> > It is always there, and not in my sourcecode!

> The default viewpoint (if there are no Viewpoint nodes in the file) is
> at x=0, y=0, z=10 and looks up the z-vector (straight "ahead"). This is
> in the VRML97 specification. If you want to have the user start viewing
> your world from a different position, you need to have a Viewpoint node
> set at the appropriate position, with the appropriate orientation.

> - Paul
> ***********************************
> Paul S. Hoffman
> Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

> Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
> Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
> 609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

--
Kveejur / Gruesse / Regards
                                Sigrn
                                     xxx
Sigrn Guejnsdttir

http://www.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uf2x/index.html

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Deactivate camera1 in CosmoPlayer2.1?

Quote:

> I have several viewpoints in my code and the first one is the one I get
> when I open it in CosmoPlayer but the last one is Camera1 and it is not
> from me (not in my code). It means, that when you want to go through all
> viewpoints to see everything, you end with this Camera1-viewpoint and
> that is not a good one (not for my scene). Do I have to rewrite the
> scene so the viewpoints fits or what??
> I didnt have this problem in CosmoPlayer2.0 but I have 2.1 now.

As far as I know, CosmoPlayer 2.1 is *NOT* the culprit - I have never
seen it put a "Camera1" viewpoint into a scene. I would say that the
fact that you didn't see it in CosmoPlayer 2.0 and are now seeing it is
coincidental to your use of CosmoPlayer 2.1 - there has got to be some
tool you are using for modeling or conversion which inserts that
"Camera1" Viewpoint into the scene by default. (It's not unusual for
modelers or converters to do such a thing). Send me a copy of the
offending code, and I'll bet I can find a "Camera1" viewpoint in it.

If you want to check your code, make sure you check any Inlines or
external Protos you might be using. The Viewpoint might be hiding
somewhere other than your main WRL file.

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Thu, 24 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. tempfile problem CosmoPlayer2.1 & NSC4.5

2. ANNOUNCE: New CosmoPlayer2.1 Mac release

3. MovieTexture Sound in CosmoPlayer2.0

4. CosmoPlayer2.0 beta 1 problem with EAI

5. texture not working on my CosmoPlayer2.1.1

6. Deactivating a button..

7. OLE1{PROP:Deactivate}

8. Deactivate menu

9. Deactivating ZOOM-function

10. Activate/Deactivate checkbutton by program

11. Tcl DevKit debugger annoyance - how to deactivate?

12. activate deactivate