for what purposes can you use VRML

thanks
paul

Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 why?
Hi paul

Quote:
> Can someone tell me why VRML
> for what purposes can you use VRML

All my Math. VRML scenes are generated by tiny (~1-2kb) Java Scripts.
You'll be able to walk through 3D scene, rotate objectes and so on.
Simple scenes work fine on my home Pentium133 but for "realistic"
fractals (150x150 points grid and 45,000 triangles) you need 300MHz or
more and 3D video card.
http://www.people.nnov.ru/fractal/VRML/3DLab.htm or
http://www.ipm.sci-nnov.ru/~DEMIDOV/VRML/3DLab.htm
In any case we need a 3D engine to see 3D objects. I like VRML for power
and flexibility. Java3D engine (that I've seen) take 100-200kb.

Evgeny

Sat, 02 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. why why why oh why why baby

2. Why, Why Why????

3. why why why (mouse related question)

4. Why, oh why?

5. Enterprise Edition - Why/Why not???

6. Why (or why not) one module per file?

7. Why o why

8. Why TCL? Why Scripting

9. why TCL and why not TCL with JAVA

10. Why Python is like BASIC (and why this is a good thing)

11. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

12. Why Why Why: "exec dir" difference between win3.1 and win95