Cult 3D
Author Message
 Cult 3D

        What are you using vrml for? Are you using it for Web presentations
or something else?
 What do you think about Cult 3D/?

Sun, 17 Aug 2003 19:25:16 GMT
 Cult 3D

Quote:
>         What are you using VRML for? Are you using it for Web
presentations
> or something else?

anything fun and interactive, the only things i have made in VRML are a game
and a nice animation. everything else i have done has just been to help
other ppl here on comp.lang.vrml

Quote:
>  What do you think about Cult 3D/?

whats that?
db

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:52:11 GMT
 Cult 3D

Quote:

> >         What are you using VRML for? Are you using it for Web
> presentations
> > or something else?

> anything fun and interactive, the only things i have made in VRML are a game
> and a nice animation. everything else i have done has just been to help
> other ppl here on comp.lang.vrml

> >  What do you think about Cult 3D/?

> whats that?
> db

It's a 3D web plug-in.  It has some good graphics.  I think Rhino 3D is really
good.

Ross

--
Ross Andrew Finlayson
Finlayson Consulting, Est. 1994

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 05:25:57 GMT
 Cult 3D

Quote:

    It's PLug In, check at www.cult3d.com

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 08:07:21 GMT
 Cult 3D

Quote:

> What are you using VRML for? Are you using it for Web presentations
> or something else?
>  What do you think about Cult 3D/?

I'm using it for anything where I need to generate 3D content.
From engineering data, analysis results,
simple examples of 3D systems ....

I've looked at Cult 3D, the graphics is good, it has one of the
best event model editors I've come across.  The Java API for the
models is also good
*BUT*
I cannot easially generate the models from other programs
(usually Perl, or Java).  As far as I can tell you can only
generate content from Studio Max, then edit the event model
by hand.

I'd use it IF I could write my own code to completely
generate the content.

VRML is an Open Standard, all the information about the
language, structure, behaviour, is well documented and
out there on the WWW.

One of the main reasons I use VRML.

Alun

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 19:36:19 GMT
 Cult 3D

Quote:

>         What are you using VRML for? Are you using it for Web
presentations
> or something else?
>  What do you think about Cult 3D/?

Cult 3D is another 3D browser plugin, there must be about 20 or so by now.
Many of these 3D browsers are based of VRML or inspired by it. They may have
some improvements but lack the open nature of vrml where code an be
created/edited using any of countless editors, or even a simple text editor.
If you want to do something in vrml but are unsure about it you can simply
poke around on the web for an example or ask one of us.

I have written a 2 games using nothing but vrml. I have also created a
walkthrough building.
http://vrmlworld.users5.50megs.com

I would like to see vrml used for more buildings. With the number of
appartments being sold before being built surely a bit of 3D online would
give a better impression than a set of plans and a crude artist's
impression. I have seen artist's impression that look nothing like the
building itself.

Paul Aslin
vrml artist/composer

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:41:13 GMT

1. Anyone have expirience with Cycores "Cult 3D"

2. Secret Clarion/Oracle Cult Group

3. Is Logo a cult language?

4. Cult of Macintosh

5. accessing 3D FFT data as 1D/3D complex/real arrays

6. ? subroutine to check if a 3D point is in the 3D region or not

7. "Tcl/Tk is a fringe language only used by cults"

8. How to write a 3D array to file(spreadsheet) and read it back later as a 3D array.

9. LOGO-L> Local and global 3D geometry (was:RE: 3D Logo source ?)

10. LOGO-L> Re: TO 3D or not 3D?

11. win95 3D !! Buzz 3D-PC(tm) now available for beta-testing

12. 3D CAD system in smalltalk