I've a problem with EXTERNPROTO and BlaxxunContact under IE5 !
Author Message
 I've a problem with EXTERNPROTO and BlaxxunContact under IE5 !

Hi

test.wrl works fine but when I put Proto2 in an Externproto "proto2.wrl"
,it doesnt work (the scene is different :one object in place of three).
Did someone have the same problem ? and perhaps the solution
(excuse me for my english)

Thanks your help!!
Francis Smyth    FRANCE

***************************************TEST.WRL
#VRML V2.0 utf8
EXTERNPROTO Proto1 [field SFVec3f here] "Proto1.wrl"
PROTO Proto2 [field SFVec3f ohere 0 0 0]
 {
 Transform

  translation IS ohere
  children [Shape {geometry Sphere { radius 1 }}]
 }
 Proto1 {here IS ohere}

Quote:
}

Proto2 {ohere 0 0 -3}
Proto2 {ohere 3 0 -3}

*********************PROTO1.WRL
#VRML V2.0 utf8
PROTO Proto1 [field SFVec3f here  0 0 0]
 {
 Transform

  translation IS here
  children [Shape {geometry Box { size   .8 2 .8}}]
 }

Quote:
}

Sat, 14 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 I've a problem with EXTERNPROTO and BlaxxunContact under IE5 !
Hi Francis,

Problem is that the first node in a prototype definition is used to define
the prototype's node type. Other nodes are not rendered.  You can fix the
problem by Grouping the two nodes in your Proto2 node as follows

#VRML V2.0 utf8
#PROTO1.WRL
PROTO Proto1 [field SFVec3f here  0 0 0]
{
 Transform {
  translation IS here
  children [Shape {geometry Box { size   .8 2 .8}}]
 }

Quote:
}

#VRML V2.0 utf8
# PROTO2.WRL
EXTERNPROTO Proto1 [
 field SFVec3f here
] "Proto1.wrl"

PROTO Proto2 [field SFVec3f ohere 0 0 0]
{
 Group {
  children [
   Transform {
    translation IS ohere
    children [Shape {geometry Sphere { radius 1 }}]
   }
   Proto1 {here IS ohere}
  ]
 }

Quote:
}

Proto2 {ohere 0 0 -3}
Proto2 {ohere 3 0 -3}

Good luck
Andy

Sun, 15 Dec 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. I've got an Oki problem

2. ABC - I've got a dual browse key problem

3. I've got an array-index-problem...

4. I've got a small problem!!!

5. I've got another problem.

6. We've been /.'ed!

7. EXTERNPROTO'S + createVrmlFromString

8. Can't instanciate an EXTERNPROTO under CP2.0

9. OT: (Humor/Humour) - Signs That You've Had Too Much Of The 90's:

10. i've been close to python's cradle :)

11. The Smalltalk Store: Why we've been slow, and why we're getting better

12. using # paramater with wrl links doesn't work with IE5