hud positioning
Author Message
 hud positioning

Hello,

(This question has been asked before, but since the answers aren't suitable
for my needs, I thought I'd give it another try.)

I want to put a HUD in the lower left corner of the screen. The problem is
to know how much to translate it so that it will always be there, no matter
what the window size is (actually, the problem is when ratio between the
width and height changes). Any ideas? The answers I saw so far can be sumed
up as 'you need to set the ratio of the window to a constant value'. I can't
use that trick. (My vrml files will be used by others, I can't enforce them
to do anything).

Thanks,
Ittay

Graphics Team.   Platforms R&D.  Robcad.
Tecnomatix Technologies Ltd. (www.tecnomatix.com)
Delta House, 16 Ha-Galim Ave. Tel: +972-9-9594797
Herzelyia-B, 46733, Israel Fax: +972-9-9544402

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 hud positioning
I hope that is some kind of what u want.

it moves the hud from the middle of the scene to the lower left corner until
the visiblitysensor tells it is almost out of the screen
but if the visiblitysensor tells it to late the hud will be out of the
screen.

but forcing others to use a consant vrml browser size(by the embed tag of
html) will be better way of putting the hud in the lower right corner.

Quote:
> Hello,

> (This question has been asked before, but since the answers aren't
suitable
> for my needs, I thought I'd give it another try.)

> I want to put a HUD in the lower left corner of the screen. The problem is
> to know how much to translate it so that it will always be there, no
matter
> what the window size is (actually, the problem is when ratio between the
> width and height changes). Any ideas? The answers I saw so far can be
sumed
> up as 'you need to set the ratio of the window to a constant value'. I
can't
> use that trick. (My vrml files will be used by others, I can't enforce
them
> to do anything).

> Thanks,
> Ittay

> --

> Graphics Team.   Platforms R&D.  Robcad.
> Tecnomatix Technologies Ltd. (www.tecnomatix.com)
> Delta House, 16 Ha-Galim Ave. Tel: +972-9-9594797
> Herzelyia-B, 46733, Israel Fax: +972-9-9544402

begin 666 hud.zip
<encoded_portion_removed>

Sun, 05 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Why does HUD disappear with blaxxun ?

2. I want to rotate myn worlds with 4 buttons i a hud-wiev

3. My HUD doesn't appear when the world is loaded

4. HUD

5. Max script for an HUD

6. HUD + rotation axis with the examiner

7. hud in 3dsmax?

8. coordinate system and HUD

9. HELP: VRML HUD causing OpenGL Screen Corruption

10. docking a floating HUD

11. HUD - like billboards

12. Real Time Location HUD stops at 5000