HplanK VRML works
Author Message
 HplanK VRML works

L'Atelier HplanK is opened  -> perso.libertysurf.fr/hplank
You will find some of our vrml works, and a free tool HPKComposer that
let you compose, synthetize sounds (using Csound), and build VRML worlds
that can follow sound parameters evolutions.
For those who have bandwith (not me:(), cosmo player (I realy find it
provides the best visual rendering), and an accelerated card (more and
more commom).
jean-pierre lemoine

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HplanK VRML works
Bravo! Exellent!
So is this mean we'll be able to use fof engines in vrml? A DREAM!!
I've been away of the field because of the peculiarities of my actual
project so I'm glad some people have worked it this direction.
For those who dont know what a fof engine is, it is a kind of sampler that
have extended control over the loop usually one cycle long ( the grain)
originally designed to synthesize human voice. I've seen a NCSA demo of a
sound server using a custom version of Mosaic and Gerhard Eikel's "Chant"
library from IRCAM. Benefit? Think that with fof you just send a few cycle
of sound sample and instruction over the network; the sound is recreated on
the user machine. Very lightweight (in bandwidth term), high quality and
flexible real-time dynamic. Lot better than even the most compressed
monolithic sound file since can be modulated in real time from user
interaction.
Now if only high end graphic programmers could be aware of high end music
programmers and vice-versa, maybe we would already have a Max like event
model....
Merci pour ce beau cadeau...(c'est mon anniversaire bient?t)...  :-)

Sylvain Carette
compositeur-designer VRML

Quote:

> L'Atelier HplanK is opened  -> perso.libertysurf.fr/hplank
> You will find some of our VRML works, and a free tool HPKComposer that
> let you compose, synthetize sounds (using Csound), and build VRML worlds
> that can follow sound parameters evolutions.
> For those who have bandwith (not me:(), cosmo player (I realy find it
> provides the best visual rendering), and an accelerated card (more and
> more commom).
> jean-pierre lemoine

Thu, 10 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 HplanK VRML works
Hi Sylvain,
Yes we are not too far from that. You have fof, granular, fm, thanks to Csound.
The sound engine is not yet in the VRML engine. The output of Csound is
included in the VRML world as wav files. That's my objective to have someday a
real time system for both 3D graphics and sound synthesis, and of course with
free software. It will hapen, I am sure. Nice to see we share the same interest
(passion!)

Sylvain Carette a crit:

Quote:
> Bravo! Exellent!
> So is this mean we'll be able to use fof engines in vrml? A DREAM!!
> I've been away of the field because of the peculiarities of my actual
> project so I'm glad some people have worked it this direction.
> For those who dont know what a fof engine is, it is a kind of sampler that
> have extended control over the loop usually one cycle long ( the grain)
> originally designed to synthesize human voice. I've seen a NCSA demo of a
> sound server using a custom version of Mosaic and Gerhard Eikel's "Chant"
> library from IRCAM. Benefit? Think that with fof you just send a few cycle
> of sound sample and instruction over the network; the sound is recreated on
> the user machine. Very lightweight (in bandwidth term), high quality and
> flexible real-time dynamic. Lot better than even the most compressed
> monolithic sound file since can be modulated in real time from user
> interaction.
> Now if only high end graphic programmers could be aware of high end music
> programmers and vice-versa, maybe we would already have a Max like event
> model....
> Merci pour ce beau cadeau...(c'est mon anniversaire bient?t)...  :-)

> Sylvain Carette
> compositeur-designer VRML

Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. fullscreen vrml to work with 3dglasses elsa revelator ?

2. getting VRML and Java/EAI to work in Netscape 4.6 (a solution)

3. Can VRML+EAI work on Irix machine.

4. Window.status call in a VRML Script node - not working

5. Can't get VRML to work

6. Looking for VRML designer to do some contract work from home

7. What VRML browser works with Internet Explorer 3?

8. VRML export bug work around?

9. Visual BASIC to Java Compiler -- will probably work with VRML

10. How do I know my EAI applets and VRML gallery work in other platforms

11. MAKING IE4 WORK with VRML and JAVA

12. making IE4 work with JAVA and VRML