need help with getting children node name from children changed event
Author Message
 need help with getting children node name from children changed event

Basiclly I have a PROTO which I wish to get the DEFinfined names of the
children within.

If I use: Node.children_changed[i]  I get back DEF nodeName Group {} what i
want is just the node name. ie nodeName.

I was thinking of stripping out the DEF and keeping the name by counting up
the the first space. I think there may have been another way but I can't
find the example I saw.

Paul Aslin

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 12:33:02 GMT
 need help with getting children node name from children changed event
um, if its DEFed within a PROTO, then it will be the same value for every
instance of the PROTO, so why not just make it some value that the PROTO can
output thats predefined on the inside of the PROTO... its not a value that
can change after the file is written, so theres no need to try and get it at
run time... (none that i can see anyway)
db

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:17:30 GMT
 need help with getting children node name from children changed event

Quote:
> um, if its DEFed within a PROTO, then it will be the same value for every
> instance of the PROTO, so why not just make it some value that the PROTO
can
> output thats predefined on the inside of the PROTO... its not a value that
> can change after the file is written, so theres no need to try and get it
at
> run time... (none that i can see anyway)
> db

Actually the name of the protos are unimportant they just need to have one
so the eventOuts and be routed. I may not even know the names!! The basic
idea is to be able to setup animations but copying the key and keyValue
lines with out needing to worry about ROUTEs or DEFining names etc. This
would also make it easy to see what interpolarators are conect to what.

I have been forced to use CreateVrmlFromString to make the  ROUTEs rather
than browser.addroute which doesn't work. The PROTOs are used for animation
control and already have a name (SFString which object they are control) and
a type (scale, translation, or rotation, scale orientation). Basicly I'm
writing an automated router.

ROUTE DEF j1 JointAnimator {}.rotationOut TO hanim_HumanoidRoot.translation
should be
ROUTE j1.rotationOut TO hanim_HumanoidRoot.translation

simple bit of string handeling  should fix this but I'm unsure just how to
do this.

Paul Aslin

Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:06:26 GMT
 need help with getting children node name from children changed event
what plugin are u using. cause addRoute really should be what your using,
can't think y it wouldn't work
db

Wed, 23 Jul 2003 20:54:00 GMT

1. To get the name of child window getting focus

2. gnat, child packages, file names -- help!

3. Adding Child Record to a Child file during Update

4. parent-child's child process interaction

5. Need help to Display Parent/Child

6. Children nodes

7. how can i USE a node in a children field

8. Transform Node and add/remove children - corridor.wrl (0/1)

9. EAI:Accessing child nodes

10. Adding children nodes using java?

11. traversing the children of a node

12. A quick question about accessing children nodes