Assigning keys to VRML events.
Author Message
 Assigning keys to VRML events.

Hi all,

I'm new to vrml but have 2 specific questions which can't be answered by
my text book.

1.  I have assigned a wav file to an object so that when it is clicked
the wav file is played back.  But I have noticed that the wav file can
only be started again when the previous one has finished.  I would like
the wav file to start playing even though one is already in progress.
Can VRML support this?

2.  I would like the wav file to be activated by a certain key on the
keyboard regardless of mouse position.  Is this possible?

I will be greatful for any help

Unesh Maisuria.

Sat, 26 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

See a scene I created, http://escher.utmb.edu/3D/hanoi.wrl

Clicking on the disks in the scene causes a synthesized voice message
to be played.  If you click on one before the previous message finishes,
you should hear the two messages playing together.  I didn't have to
do anything special to make this happen, it just turned out that way.
If you look at the VRML code, you may find something that is different
from the way you're doing things.   If the files don't play together
on your system with this scene, it may be because of some limitation
of your system, e.g. only one process allowed access to the sound card
at a time.

David

Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Only One Tkinter Entry can receive key event event in Linux RH8.0

2. Disambiguating java.awt.Event and vrml.Event?

3. how to assign key such as ALT F, ALT G to a control

4. Assigning a new character to a key

5. wire assign vs continous assign

6. assigning to None vs. assigning to as

7. Firing a #buttonPressed event *after* the key has been processed

8. IBM VA close window upon key pressed event

9. Decoding key down events

10. key down event

11. arrow keys & keydown event

12. Key events and SpriteSurface