how to use VRML-Browser ?
Author Message
 how to use VRML-Browser ?

Hy,

I have installed Dive and VRweb for HP-UX on a hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.05.
Dive is very slow but operates with his own tutorial.
(I have nothing found to test VRweb)

But I down't know how to configurate Dive or VRweb so that I can
browse any-VRML-Page.

For example on http://www.*-*-*.com/
are a few VRML-Links:
 1) http://www.*-*-*.com/
 2) http://www.*-*-*.com/
 3) http://www.*-*-*.com/
 4) http://www.*-*-*.com/

I think I have to load this URL with :
  World / Load / http://www.*-*-*.com/

or schould I use :
  File / Open URL / http://www.*-*-*.com/

Whats the difference?

Both didn't work.

Has anybody experience with these VRML-Browers ?
Can anyone help me ?

 - Thanks -

Bye,

--
Spark's Sixth Rule for Managers:
        If a subordinate asks you a pertinent question, look at him as

Holger von Rhein
________________|  Wer ueberall seinen Senf dazugibt, hat schnell
  Hoja Haijo,   |                  'ne leere Tube.
   isch bin     |______________________________________________________

  B"atm"a"an !  |               http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~von_Rhein/

Fri, 24 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how to use VRML-Browser ?

Quote:

> Hy,

> I have installed Dive and VRweb for HP-UX on a hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.05.
> Dive is very slow but operates with his own tutorial.
> (I have nothing found to test VRweb)

> But I down't know how to configurate Dive or VRweb so that I can
> browse any-VRML-Page.

> For example on http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/vrml.html
> are a few VRML-Links:
>  1) http://mars.sgi.com/vrml/mpf1/mpf1.wrl
>  2) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_light.wrl
>  3) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_rover.wrl
>  4) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/rover_complex.wrl

> I think I have to load this URL with :
>   World / Load / http://mars.sgi.com/vrml/mpf1/mpf1.wrl

> or schould I use :
>   File / Open URL / http://mars.sgi.com/vrml/mpf1/mpf1.wrl

> Whats the difference?

> Both didn't work.

> Has anybody experience with these VRML-Browers ?
> Can anyone help me ?

>  - Thanks -

> Bye,

> --
> Spark's Sixth Rule for Managers:
>         If a subordinate asks you a pertinent question, look at him as
> if he had lost his senses.  When he looks down, paraphrase the question
> back at him.

> Holger von Rhein
> ________________|  Wer ueberall seinen Senf dazugibt, hat schnell
>   Hoja Haijo,   |                  'ne leere Tube.
>    isch bin     |______________________________________________________

>   B"atm"a"an !  |              http://www.home.pages.de/~von_Rhein/

The URLs you talk about are vrml V2.0 . I'm not sure that your browser
admit it ! try http://www.shamaweb.fr/shamaweb/cekoidon/vrindex.htm . at
this Url there is a JAVA APPlet that make you build an object by drawing
a polygone. When you click on "generer VRML , on the right side should
download the object in VRML V1.0 file.

bye

jerome

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how to use VRML-Browser ?

Hallo Holger,

Quote:
> I have installed Dive and VRweb for HP-UX on a hppa1.1-hp-hpux9.05.
> Dive is very slow but operates with his own tutorial.
> (I have nothing found to test VRweb)

> But I down't know how to configurate Dive or VRweb so that I can
> browse any-VRML-Page.

For VRweb look on the installation page as part of the online help
(look at http://www.iicm.edu/vrweb/help if you did not yet download
it).

Quote:
> For example on http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/vrml.html
> are a few VRML-Links:
>  1) http://mars.sgi.com/vrml/mpf1/mpf1.wrl
>  2) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_light.wrl
>  3) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_rover.wrl
>  4) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/rover_complex.wrl

These are VRML 2.0 scenes.

Our VRML 2.0 browser VRwave (http://www.iicm.edu/vrwave) is at a
rather early stage (no behaviour yet), but comes with full source code
as VRweb (there is no prebuild VRwave version for HPUX, but it should
compile well with an Ansi-C compiler and JDK 1.0.2/1.1.x).

You may find other ones at the VRML repository
http://www.sdsc.edu/vrml/browsers.html

servus,
Michael

--

| Schieszstattgasse 4a                / /'97           Tel: +43-316-873-5627 |
| A-8010 Graz/Austria/EU-rope   organize your future!    Fax: +43-316-824394 |

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 how to use VRML-Browser ?

Hallo Michael,

Quote:

>>[...]
>> For example on http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/vrml.html
>> are a few VRML-Links:
>>  1) http://mars.sgi.com/vrml/mpf1/mpf1.wrl
>>  2) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_light.wrl
>>  3) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/lander_rover.wrl
>>  4) http://mpfwww.jpl.nasa.gov/vrml/rover_complex.wrl
>These are VRML 2.0 scenes.
>You may find other ones at the VRML repository
>http://www.sdsc.edu/vrml/browsers.html

There I got them.

Exists only two (dive & VRweb) for HP-UX ?
Both are only VRML 1.0 browsers.

Bye,

--
Holger von Rhein
________________|  Wer ueberall seinen Senf dazugibt, hat schnell
  Hoja Haijo,   |                  'ne leere Tube.
   isch bin     |______________________________________________________

  B"atm"a"an !  |              http://www.home.pages.de/~von_Rhein/

Sat, 25 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Using vrml browser from outside program

2. Using joysticks in VRML, and in browsers in general

3. Using peripherals with VRML browser?

4. VRML-Browser using GLUT?

5. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

6. Browsers, browsers, browsers

7. VRML browser

8. My own interface to the VRML browser??

9. Status of the VRML browser for Java3D?

10. What VRML browsers are being developed?

11. Image files from VRML browser?

12. Can VRML browsers display Open Inventor Files?