opening local .wrl files using WorldView
Author Message
 opening local .wrl files using WorldView

I can download and open .wrl "from it's current location" (as IE
prompts) from websites I have visited, however, if I choose
to "save to another location" e.g. my hard drive, and then try
to open it from there Worldview (2.1) freezes on the splash
screen and the cursor changs to an hour glass. The world never
loads.

Those anyone know whats going on??

thanks in advance.

* Sent from RemarQ http://www.*-*-*.com/ The Internet's Discussion Network *

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 opening local .wrl files using WorldView
Hi !
Dunno what's going on, but I had this problem too...
A friend of mine managed to get WV to start loading, but it horribly crashed
on the first world and he had to reboot...
Tip : Just forget about WorldView...

Norbert

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 opening local .wrl files using WorldView
I had the same problem and found several messages in newsgroups that it is a
known problem. In fact it is known for quite a while now. WorldView has
moved from several companies and now it is closely related to Microsoft, so
maybe they want to do something about it.
The only workaround a have read, was to install a Personal Web Server and
make the .wrl available through this server. Haven't tried this myself.

Quote:
> I can download and open .wrl "from it's current location" (as IE
> prompts) from websites I have visited, however, if I choose
> to "save to another location" e.g. my hard drive, and then try
> to open it from there Worldview (2.1) freezes on the splash
> screen and the cursor changs to an hour glass. The world never
> loads.

> Those anyone know whats going on??

> thanks in advance.

*

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 opening local .wrl files using WorldView
Embed the file in an HTML page

Quote:
> I had the same problem and found several messages in newsgroups that it is
> known problem. In fact it is known for quite a while now. WorldView has
> moved from several companies and now it is closely related to Microsoft,
so
> maybe they want to do something about it.
> The only workaround a have read, was to install a Personal Web Server and
> make the .wrl available through this server. Haven't tried this myself.

> > I can download and open .wrl "from it's current location" (as IE
> > prompts) from websites I have visited, however, if I choose
> > to "save to another location" e.g. my hard drive, and then try
> > to open it from there Worldview (2.1) freezes on the splash
> > screen and the cursor changs to an hour glass. The world never
> > loads.

> > Those anyone know whats going on??

> > thanks in advance.

> > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion
Network
> *
> > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Fri, 16 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 opening local .wrl files using WorldView
Check the path that WorldView is trying to use when it reads from your hard
drive.

Quote:

>I can download and open .wrl "from it's current location" (as IE
>prompts) from websites I have visited, however, if I choose
>to "save to another location" e.g. my hard drive, and then try
>to open it from there Worldview (2.1) freezes on the splash
>screen and the cursor changs to an hour glass. The world never
>loads.

>Those anyone know whats going on??

>thanks in advance.

>* Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network
*
>The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

Wed, 09 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (1/1)

2. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (0/1)

3. How to save a *.wrl file using EAI

4. how to write .wrl file using EAI

5. problem with file open on local host

6. error 37 File not open using a variable file name

7. .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

8. automating conversion from 2D .dwg-files to 3D and .wrl-files (VRML)

9. Using WorldView for Developers VRMLScriptNode Object

10. Which Win95 Tool compress *.wrl to *.wrl.gz ?

11. Opening Files using Char Expressions.

12. Open VFP 5.0 files using Clipper