adding information with EAI
Author Message
 adding information with EAI

thanks for the answers of bram and bob, two days ago.

I would like to know if the EAI can be used for my problem : link
additional information to a vrml object ? if I have an object, engine
for example, and i want to associate specific information to this node
like its designation, its manufacturer... can i use the EAI ? If it is
possible, how ?

I had somme answers which gave me help but, these answers concerned the
display of its information. I am interesting by how link this
information to a vrml node anf if EAI can help me and use.

thanks for the answers

Mon, 13 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 adding information with EAI

On Thu, 28 May 1998 08:53:21 -0700, maryse DA PONTE

Quote:

>thanks for the answers of bram and bob, two days ago.

>I would like to know if the EAI can be used for my problem : link
>additional information to a vrml object ? if I have an object, engine
>for example, and i want to associate specific information to this node
>like its designation, its manufacturer... can i use the EAI ? If it is
>possible, how ?

>I had somme answers which gave me help but, these answers concerned the
>display of its information. I am interesting by how link this
>information to a vrml node anf if EAI can help me and use.

Hi,

it is certainly possible with the EAI. I assume that you are familiar
with Java programming. Here is a code snippet that describes what you
need to do:

1.      do all the EAI stuff; one of my tutorials (www.vruniverse.com)
gives you an introduction to EAI programming and you can find also
lots of info at the SGI website (www.cosmoworlds.com)

2.      get your nodes:
                Node first = browser.getNode("first");
                Node second = browser.getNode("second");

3.      create an object that holds all the information for your
nodes:
        class NodeInfo {
            Node myNode;
            String info1; etc.
            NodeInfo(Node myNode, String info1, String info2,...) {
                myNode = myNode;
                info1 = info1;
                etc.
             }
             accessor methods etc.
        }

4.      instantiate your NodeInfos and store them in a vector:
            Vector allMyNodes = new Vector();
            allMyNodes.addElement(new NodeInfo(first,
"manufacturere"...))

There are lots of other ways to do this. If you need complete control
of your VRML world then EAI is the way to go.

Markus

Markus Roskothen
Information Architect at www.infoplasm.com and www.vruniverse.com
USA 510-864-9539

Wed, 15 Nov 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. EAI, applet get/send information from/to browser

2. EAI: How to add nodes to the Switch{} node

3. Q: Adding children dynamically(EAI) to a switch

4. How to add joystick support to an EAI application

5. Product Update CWRES 2.0 - Add version information to Clarion EXEs

6. Add version information to your Clarion EXEs

7. Adding/Changing expiration and serial information in programs

8. Adding hour and minute information

9. Cannot Add Header Information Error

10. Cannot add header information

11. how to add information to an edge?