looking for vrml browser for Netscape
Author Message
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape

I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
know of any others?

E-mails only please.

Kev:)
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~batink - VRML Tours (IE4 Only -see above)

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape
I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
know of any others?

E-mails only please.

Kev:)
http://websites.ntl.com/~batink - VRML Tours (IE4 Only -see above)

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape

Quote:

> I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator.
> Please don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it
> anywher.

Err, I will anyway. http://cosmosoftware.com

Quote:
> Does anyone know of any others?

WorldView at http://www.intervista.com/

/Niclas
--
Niclas Olofsson           Ume? University, Sweden
Pedagoggr?nd 1A-210       Student, Dep. of Computing Science

                          http://www.acc.umu.se/~gurun
                          http://www.geometrek.com
--
"En seglare ber inte om medvind, han l?r sig segla"

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape

Quote:

> I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
> don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
> know of any others?

> E-mails only please.

Both CosmoPlayer (developed by Cosmo Software) and Worldview (developed
by Intervista) are now owned and distributed by Platinum; links for
downloading both are on their front page:
        http://www.platinum.com/

An alternative many people like is Blaxxun CCpro http://www.blaxxun.com/

- Paul
***********************************
Paul S. Hoffman
Senior Interface Designer, Cognetics Corporation

Company URL - http://www.cognetics.com
Personal URL - http://pluto.njcc.com/~paulsam
609-799-5005 ext.237 - FAX 609-799-8555

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape
Hi Kevin,

Quote:
> I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
> don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
> know of any others?

I would strongly sugget blaxxun Contact 4.0. Go to http://www.blaxxun.com,
select the download tab and choose blaxxun Contact 4.0 and then select the
version which better fits your environment (Direct3D or OpenGL). if you have an
OpenGL accelerator, such as Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro or any Permedia2 based card,
as well as FireGL 4000 (or other Mitsubishi chipset card) you will have better
performance with the OpenGL version; otherwise you'll be better off with the
Direct3D version.

Good luck,

         _/ _/    _/     Jauvane Cavalcante de Oliveira
        _/ _/   _/      University of Ottawa
       _/ _/  _/ _/_/  School of Information Technology & Engineering
      _/ _/ _/ _/     Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
_/   _/ _/_/  _/     Phone:1(613)562-5800 Ext.6248/6243  FAX:562-5175
_/_/_/ _/     _/_/  Canada     http://www2.mcrlab.uottawa.ca/~jauvane
|                Bolsista da CAPES - Brasilia/Brasil                |

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape

Quote:
> An alternative many people like is Blaxxun CCpro http://www.blaxxun.com/

blaxxun has released a new version of their VRML browser, which is called blaxxun
Contact 4.0.

JVc.

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape
I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
know of any others?

E-mails only please.

Kev:)
http://websites.ntl.com/~batink - VRML Tours (IE4 Only -see above)

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape
does the new blaxxun browser have terrain following ?
Steve

Quote:
> Hi Kevin,

> > I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
> > don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does anyone
> > know of any others?

> I would strongly sugget blaxxun Contact 4.0. Go to http://www.blaxxun.com,
> select the download tab and choose blaxxun Contact 4.0 and then select the
> version which better fits your environment (Direct3D or OpenGL). if you have an
> OpenGL accelerator, such as Diamond FireGL 1000 Pro or any Permedia2 based card,
> as well as FireGL 4000 (or other Mitsubishi chipset card) you will have better
> performance with the OpenGL version; otherwise you'll be better off with the
> Direct3D version.

> Good luck,

>          _/ _/    _/     Jauvane Cavalcante de Oliveira
>         _/ _/   _/      University of Ottawa
>        _/ _/  _/ _/_/  School of Information Technology & Engineering
>       _/ _/ _/ _/     Multimedia Communications Research Laboratory
> _/   _/ _/_/  _/     Phone:1(613)562-5800 Ext.6248/6243  FAX:562-5175
> _/_/_/ _/     _/_/  Canada     http://www2.mcrlab.uottawa.ca/~jauvane
> |                Bolsista da CAPES - Brasilia/Brasil                |

Steve Smith
Rhiwlan, Penrhyncoch, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, SY23 3EH, Wales
Tel: 01970 820750

http://www.pavan.co.uk

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape

Quote:

>I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please

Thank you all for your responses. I actually found Cosmo player about ten
minutes after I posted the question. I have yet to look at blaxxun, but will
get around to it. Thanks again for the help.

check out the site at http://websites.ntl.com/~batfink
(This link should work)

Kev:)

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 looking for vrml browser for Netscape
go to www.cosmosoftware.com and you get find the COSMO player.  It runs with
NS 4.5, although since NS 4.5 wasn't released at the time COSMO 2.1 was, it
will initially say that it doesn't detect a supported player.  go ahead and
tell it to install anyway.

Quote:
>I am unable to find a vrml browser plugin for Netscape navigator. Please
>don't offer CosmoPlayer as an answer as I can't find it anywher. Does
anyone
>know of any others?

>E-mails only please.

>Kev:)
>http://websites.ntl.com/~batink - VRML Tours (IE4 Only -see above)

Sun, 10 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Netscape 3D Live is the ultimate Vrml Browser!!!

2. Permanently setting VRML Browser in Netscape

3. Looking for a VRML viewer for SPARC/Solaris 2.5/Netscape 3 or 4

4. looking for a vrml browser plug-in for the Mac

5. Looking for VRML Browsers

6. Rexx and NetScape-Browser ?

7. CosmoPlayer Plug-in and Netscape 4.7 Browser

8. netscape eai browser example, sorry

9. EAI: Can't get handle to Browser (SGI/Cosmo/Netscape)

10. Browser.getBrowser() always failed when using Netscape

11. tcl plugin on newer netscape browsers

12. working with Netscape or Explorer browser.