" Best of the Show " Winner Uses Java ( Web3d 2001 Symposium )
Author Message
 " Best of the Show " Winner Uses Java ( Web3d 2001 Symposium )

Java helped 2 companies create great vrml demonstrations
at the recent Web3d 2001 Symposium :

|  The winner and still champion (by a mile) was Ed Sims and folks
|  from Vcom3D with their smashing Sign Language avatars.
|  This year their demo has the avatar interact with a child drawing
|  a two dimensional butterfly.  The avatar actually traces the 2nd
|  wing by using inverse kinematics to have the hand follow the
|  tracing path, simple and elegant !  [ done with  __ Java ___  ]

 Sandy Ressler, Web3d Guide for About.com
http://www.*-*-*.com/

 They use Java, H-Anim, & Inverse Kinematics, as I do ...
  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~imaging/H-Anim_Avatars.html

   -- Portable across Windows / Linux / Macintosh.

|  On the educational side, Ed Sims and his Signing Avatars,
|  the unbeatable masters of the Web3d RoundUp, are starting
|  to define a category by themselves. This stuff is simply unbelievable.
|
|  Scalability of content delivery was an issue with two very
|  interesting solutions. First, Blendo which scales up from the web
|  to the Playstation 2 and set top boxes for interactive TV. Second,
|  the Eyematics software [ using Java ] ... scales down from the PC
|  to PDAs and other embedded devices.

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

" Seamless Avatar, Dancing "  ( Vcom3D   __ requires plug-in __ )
 ---------------------------------
  http://www.*-*-*.com/

" Seamless Avatar -- ' pure java ' ~~ NO ~~ Plug-in  Required  ; ^ )

 | ParallelGraphics' Cortona has many problems with EAI ...

  http://www.*-*-*.com/

 VRML EAI lets you have plug-in speed, lets you run on the web,
is safer then the ~~ HIGH RISK ~~~ that ~~ ActiveX ~~
exposes you to ( and your clients, customers, & visitors ) that
ParallelGraphics exposes you to with their _ FAILS - on - Netscape _
'feature' described in the infamous 'Microsoft's illegal {*filter*}s thread.

 VRML animated with Java is a good solution.

 With Java it's portable from high end workstations to PDAs ...
 including SGI IRIX, Linux, Symbian / EPOC ... the Web & more.

  Web3d :   With a Web Browser ... You get 3D.

  ... with Java ... you get it without problems & without a doubt.

  -- Paul,   Java Developer & Web Animator.
 "Imaging the Imagined : Modeling with Math & a Keyboard"

Tue, 19 Aug 2003 09:09:57 GMT

1. REGISTER: Web3D 2001 Symposium

2. using "INVOKE" to mimic Java Interfaces

3. Characters "?", "?", "ΓΌ" shown in wrong font

4. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

5. ListViewColumn Icons show as "?"

6. "Show-Tell-Straight-Narrow-"

7. "Show Help" boxes

8. CP shows "Unknown Image Format"

9. New Labzone up- web3d 2001 review

10. CALL FOR PAPERS: Web3D 2001 Conference

11. Web3D 2001 Conference: CALL FOR PAPERS

12. CALL FOR PAPERS: Web3D 2001