VRML Window wall
Author Message
 VRML Window wall

Do anyone have an example of how to create a simple wall with 1 and/or 2
windows (actually only holes in the wall). vrml 2.0 ..???

Thanks,

Leif

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML Window wall

Quote:

> Do anyone have an example of how to create a simple wall with 1 and/or 2
> windows (actually only holes in the wall). Vrml 2.0 ..???

> Thanks,

> Leif

I can think of two ways:

The first is to use two (or more) IndexedFaceSet nodes like this:

 _____________________
|                     |
|                     |
|_____________________|
|       |      |      |
|       |      |      |
|       |      |      |
|       |______|      |
|                     |
|                     |
|_____________________|

The two-window wall can be created the same way, but with two
indentations in the lower part.

The other way is to use a single, rectangular IndexedFaceSet, with an
Appearance node using a texture with transparent parts.  This has the
disadvantage that you wouldn't be able to fly through the window, and
not all browsers support transparency in textures.

                Hope this helps,
                     BC

--
          ,-------------------------------------------------------.
 ~~      ; My views are not necessarily those of Lockheed  Martin, :

Mon, 01 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. IE6 +VRML + javascript in VRML trouble (was: problem using javascript window.open in VRML)

2. walls and windows?

3. Newbie: Create a window/door/hole in a solid wall

4. VRML window, but no VRML.......................

5. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

6. Smalltalk (VisualAge, 2+ yrs), major investment bank-Wall Street

7. Employment opportunity at Wall Street firm

8. picoVerse:( Wall College Math Series )

9. US - NYC - Major APL Project - Wall Street - Great Opportunity

10. Large Brokerage Firm....Wall Street

11. Smalltalk Gemstone NY Wall Street

12. USA-NY-Job-Contract-Smalltalk Developers-Wall Street-Spectrum Concepts Consulting Corporation