VRML FAQ as maintained by Bob Crispen...
Author Message
 VRML FAQ as maintained by Bob Crispen...

Quote:

> Just thought, since it's a FAQ and all, keyboard input questions
> must be FAQs, no? I was wondering, maybe Bob or any other
> VRML/Java/Javascript/etc guru might want to write a small
> world with say just a Text object, and pressing any key would
> change the object to that key... I'm sure it'll help alot of budding
> vrml world creators...

Love to, but the only keyboard input PROTO I know about is
Sony's.  It's not standard, but it's a good candidate to
become standard.  In the meantime, I think it belongs on
Sony's FAQ instead of ours.  I'm willing to be talked out
of that position, though.
--
Rev. Bob "Bob" Crispen

"And I observe, when any Yahoo comes from London out of Curiosity [to]
visit me at mine own House, we neither of us are able to deliver our
Conceptions in a Manner intelligible to the other."

Sat, 07 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML FAQ as maintained by Bob Crispen...
Just thought, since it's a FAQ and all, keyboard input questions
must be FAQs, no? I was wondering, maybe Bob or any other
VRML/Java/Javascript/etc guru might want to write a small
world with say just a Text object, and pressing any key would
change the object to that key... I'm sure it'll help alot of budding
VRML world creators...

Just a thought...

--
Slasher Arcana
--

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML FAQ as maintained by Bob Crispen...

:> Just thought, since it's a FAQ and all, keyboard input questions
:> must be FAQs, no? I was wondering, maybe Bob or any other
:> VRML/Java/Javascript/etc guru might want to write a small
:> world with say just a Text object, and pressing any key would
:> change the object to that key... I'm sure it'll help alot of budding
:> VRML world creators...

: Love to, but the only keyboard input PROTO I know about is
: Sony's.  It's not standard, but it's a good candidate to
: become standard.  In the meantime, I think it belongs on
: Sony's FAQ instead of ours.  I'm willing to be talked out
: of that position, though.

Fair enuff... How about an EAI version then?

----  WEBPAGE : http://www.{*filter*}junkie.com/arcana  UIN : 9157402  ----
------- "You and me, and you and you, simultaneously.." : Chef -------

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VRML FAQ as maintained by Bob Crispen...

Quote:

>:> Just thought, since it's a FAQ and all, keyboard input questions
>:> must be FAQs, no? I was wondering, maybe Bob or any other
>:> VRML/Java/Javascript/etc guru might want to write a small
>:> world with say just a Text object, and pressing any key would
>:> change the object to that key... I'm sure it'll help alot of budding
>:> VRML world creators...

>: Love to, but the only keyboard input PROTO I know about is
>: Sony's.  It's not standard, but it's a good candidate to
>: become standard.  In the meantime, I think it belongs on
>: Sony's FAQ instead of ours.  I'm willing to be talked out
>: of that position, though.

>Fair enuff... How about an EAI version then?

It's already available:

    <http://www.cosmosoftware.com/developer/tips/dab/Article.html>

A major problem with any EAI implementation is that focus must be diverted
to the Java applet in order for it to be able to receive input.

Braden

<http://www.endoframe.com>

Sun, 08 Apr 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Another FAQ maintained using the FAQ wizard

2. VRML 2002 / X3D Advances & Bob Crispen's 3D Tour

3. Who is maintaining the FAQ?

4. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

5. comp.lang.vrml FAQ -- regular posting

6. FAQ and commercial uses of VRML

7. Regular reminder: comp.lang.vrml FAQ

8. Need location of multiple vrml plugin FAQ

9. comp.lang.vrml FAQ

10. comp.lang.vrml FAQ

11. VRML 2.0 EAI FAQ

12. VRML FAQ Available?