Interface between VRML and Java
Author Message
 Interface between VRML and Java

Hi,

I want to send regularly (e.g. every second) some data (e.g. a
coordinate) from a Java program to the vrml program. My problem is, that
I don't know how the interface of both programs should look like.
Can anybody send me a simple example of a Java program (Script Node) and
a VRML program, so that I can try it out?

By the way, I browsed the internet to find a VRML Online Tutorial, in
which interfacing between VRML and Java is described, but until now, I
haven't found one. Does anyone know, where such a tutorial can be found.

Bye,

Alexander

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/
Before you buy.

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Interface between VRML and Java
I think, what you need is EAI, take a look at:

http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/vrml/vrmlman/node27.html

Eai sits between java and vrml to do, I think, what u want.  Be aware, you
need to have lots of coffee on the go :-)

HTH,

Rob.

Quote:
> Hi,

> I want to send regularly (e.g. every second) some data (e.g. a
> coordinate) from a Java program to the VRML program. My problem is, that
> I don't know how the interface of both programs should look like.
> Can anybody send me a simple example of a Java program (Script Node) and
> a VRML program, so that I can try it out?

> By the way, I browsed the internet to find a VRML Online Tutorial, in
> which interfacing between VRML and Java is described, but until now, I
> haven't found one. Does anyone know, where such a tutorial can be found.

> Bye,

> Alexander

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sat, 05 Oct 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VRML in Java vs Java in VRML

2. JAVA/VRML interface

3. Using VRML V2.0 and Java with the External Authoring Interface

4. Interfacing VRML with Java!

5. Java-VRML interface

6. Advice for VRML/Java interface to 3D Brain model data

7. VRML and Java Interface: LiveConnect

8. Java interface with VRML - Help!

9. from near VRML to REAL VRML : My first EAI / Java / VRML Humanoid Avatar

10. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

11. VRML generated from JAVA, not JAVA script?

12. vrml-java-generated vrml