.WRL files viewed as ZIP files
Author Message
 .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

Hello again,

        I'm having a slight problem.  I have Winzip, IE 4.0 and the MS vrml
browser.  They all worked fine until some point where all of my .WRL files were
beginning to be viewed as ZIP files, the icon was even changed.  I've checked
the registry for mismatched associations but cannot find any.  I'd appreciate
some technical assistance from anyone who knows what's wrong with my computer.

          Sincerely,

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

Quote:
>Hello again,

>        I'm having a slight problem.  I have Winzip, IE 4.0 and the MS VRML
>browser.  They all worked fine until some point where all of my .WRL files were
>beginning to be viewed as ZIP files, the icon was even changed.  I've checked
>the registry for mismatched associations but cannot find any.  I'd appreciate
>some technical assistance from anyone who knows what's wrong with my computer.

>          Sincerely,

  Right mate! Highlight the item that ia .zip hold down the shift key
and right click your mouse. Now select open with.
Hope that helps!

Jake

Sun, 03 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 .WRL files viewed as ZIP files

Quote:
>Hello again,

>        I'm having a slight problem.  I have Winzip, IE 4.0 and the MS VRML
>browser.  They all worked fine until some point where all of my .WRL files
were
>beginning to be viewed as ZIP files, the icon was even changed.  I've
checked
>the registry for mismatched associations but cannot find any.  I'd
appreciate
>some technical assistance from anyone who knows what's wrong with my
computer.

Have you installed/upgraded your zipping program recently?  Pretty commonly,
when I install a program that handles data files of a special class, some
files that don't belong in that class get mislabeled with the new program's
data file icon; and the data type-data reader associations changed
erroneously sometimes too.  Typically everything worked fine after I  did
the obvious: removed and reinstalled the new program, and/or corrected the
association.  Occasionally I've had to toss the new program away and
reinstall an older version to prevent recurrence of the problem.  (Slow is
better than wrong in my book!)

The association list can be reached easily through:  MyComputer/View/Folder
Options/File Types.  This menu refers to "registered" file types although
the term used in Win 3.1 was "associating file type with..." so maybe this
is how you checked the registry.  Still ask: were any new programs installed
recently?

Good luck!

Bob

Thu, 07 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Viewing (or *not* viewing) .wrl files with NS3.0b5

2. Load .wrl Files, View it, centered in View

3. file.wrl#view in Internet Explorer doesn′t work

4. How do I view my own wrl files???

5. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (1/1)

6. Problem with .wrl file - mack12.wrl (0/1)

7. automating conversion from 2D .dwg-files to 3D and .wrl-files (VRML)

8. There are two files rbxxx.zip and rbsrc.zip where

9. PLI-32 Alpha 3.10 (Single message ZIP file (30K)) - pli-32.zip (0/1)

10. PLI-32 Alpha 3.10 (Single message ZIP file (30K)) - pli-32.zip (1/1)

11. PLI-32 For NT, alpha 3.10 (ZIP File: 378K] - pli-32.zip (10/10)

12. PLI-32 For NT, alpha 3.10 (ZIP File: 378K] - pli-32.zip (06/10)