links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame
Author Message
 links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame

Hello!

I am planning of making a webpage with two frames: one with text and one
with vrml.

What I want to do is to click in the textframe and have 2 things happen
in the vrml-frame.

1: I want links in the text-frame called _highlight_that_object_ and
when i click on them that-object in the vrml-frame should be
highlighted.

2: I want links in the text-frame called _transition_the_viewpoint_ and
when I click on them the viewpoint in the vrml-frame should shift
(nicely and smoothly) to another viewpoint.

Is this possible? How do I do it? What do I need to know to do this, is
a knowledge of html, javascript and vrml enough?

Regards
Samoth

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 links in html-frame affecting vrml-frame
Thomas,

I'm not sure if this is possible however a few years ago I managed to
get several frames containing javascript talking to each other using
cookies. The cookie acted as a neutral communication medium and the
whole prototype worked quite well. I dont know if you can access cookies
from within a vrml world but its worth a go.

Craig.

Quote:

> Hello!

> I am planning of making a webpage with two frames: one with text and one
> with vrml.

> What I want to do is to click in the textframe and have 2 things happen
> in the vrml-frame.

> 1: I want links in the text-frame called _highlight_that_object_ and
> when i click on them that-object in the vrml-frame should be
> highlighted.

> 2: I want links in the text-frame called _transition_the_viewpoint_ and
> when I click on them the viewpoint in the vrml-frame should shift
> (nicely and smoothly) to another viewpoint.

> Is this possible? How do I do it? What do I need to know to do this, is
> a knowledge of html, javascript and vrml enough?

> Regards
> Samoth

Sat, 15 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Java in frame can't get instance of Java EAI + VRML in another frame

2. Link to .html in frame

3. VRML in a HTML-frame

4. Text from VRML to HTML frame

5. VRML, JavaScript, and HTML frames

6. Open HTML from VRML in a new frame

7. VRML, links and frames

8. Target link in VRML to frame?

9. Movietexture Frame by Frame control

10. Q:wpy - multiple frames within main frame

11. resources for vtcl - hide frames and display new frames

12. How do I pack things in a frame in a toplevel frame