Animated Textures
Author Message
 Animated Textures

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good sites for animated textures?  I'm looking for
a nice one of clouds (preferably stormy and dark!)

also, does anyone know a way to get good lightning flash lighting
(basically a nice way of doing the strobing)?

TIA

Simon

+ peards acre, south zeal, devon, ex20 2jr <-+     +-> 01837 840 513 <--+
+    7 rochester road, birmingham, b31 2nr   +-----+   0121 244 4696 <--+
       The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 17:01:56 GMT
 Animated Textures

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of any good sites for animated textures?  I'm looking for
> a nice one of clouds (preferably stormy and dark!)

I wish I did.

possible to replicate the effect by using several layers of clouds.

Quote:
> also, does anyone know a way to get good lightning flash lighting
> (basically a nice way of doing the strobing)?

You need to use a Script to alter the "color" value of lights. The script is
contolled by a TimeSensor with a cycle interval of a second or less.I have
done a more complex system which simulates sunrise/sunset and night/day.

I need to make something simular to what you need anyway so I will send you
what I come up with when I can. There is an example around also which adds
sound effects  so I will use some of that also.

Quote:
> TIA

> Simon

Paul Aslin

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 03:08:00 GMT
 Animated Textures
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/studios/7406/nightmare/world.wrl
Look at the above, that is a world I made once. Animated sky (ecma-enhanced
gif), multiple
sounds (thunder, mad-laughs, baby-cry a.s.o). It looks amazing, but I found
out that it is better
to fiddle with a regular Backroundnode (the skycolours), and animate the
lights/colours instead.
Good luck! Daniel http://hem.passagen.se/zensco

Quote:
> Hi,

> Does anyone know of any good sites for animated textures?  I'm looking for
> a nice one of clouds (preferably stormy and dark!)

> also, does anyone know a way to get good lightning flash lighting
> (basically a nice way of doing the strobing)?

> TIA

> Simon

> + peards acre, south zeal, devon, ex20 2jr <-+     +-> 01837 840 513 <--+
> +    7 rochester road, birmingham, b31 2nr   +-----+   0121 244 4696 <--+
>        The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas.

Mon, 06 Oct 2003 20:03:21 GMT
 Animated Textures

Quote:

>I have
>done a more complex system which simulates sunrise/sunset and night/day.

I am interested in this, if you don't mind sharing.

Chuck Linsley
linsley (at) best (dot) com
http://www.best.com/~linsley/photography/vrgallery/Gallery1.wrl
(very much under construction)

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 05:17:17 GMT
 Animated Textures

Quote:

> >I have
> >done a more complex system which simulates sunrise/sunset and night/day.

> I am interested in this, if you don't mind sharing.

I have always intended to make this code Public Doman. It is based on the
work by Y. & H. Glarner. It has a sun and moon and alters the background as
well as the lights in the scene.

I am currently making a small section of a city to show it off. I also want
to modify the code to reduce the CPU load.

Quote:
> Chuck Linsley
> linsley (at) best (dot) com
> http://www.best.com/~linsley/photography/vrgallery/Gallery1.wrl
> (very much under construction)

Paul Aslin
http://members.nbci.com/vrmlworld/

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 02:28:26 GMT
 Animated Textures

Quote:
>> (basically a nice way of doing the strobing)?
>You need to use a Script to alter the "color" value of lights.

Why can't this be done with a simple colorinterpolator ?

so long
MUFTI
--
exited
An die Anwendung kann nicht angehaengt werden.

Tue, 07 Oct 2003 19:26:08 GMT
 Animated Textures

Quote:
> >> (basically a nice way of doing the strobing)?

> >You need to use a Script to alter the "color" value of lights.

> Why can't this be done with a simple colorinterpolator ?

1) uses more processing power
2) we only need to switch the lights color not ramp the value up
3) short period changes, several flashes lasting 1 second and close together
doesn't always happen. More likely to get one flash.

I know this because I made a strobing fluro tube effect which acted like
that.

Quote:
> so long
> MUFTI
> --
> exited
> An die Anwendung kann nicht angehaengt werden.
> NT Fehlercode  87.
>                 (aus einer Programmfehlermeldung)

Paul Aslin
http://members.nbci.com/vrmlworl/

Wed, 08 Oct 2003 20:35:25 GMT

1. Animating textures

2. Animating textures

3. Animated texture using Cosmo Worlds on SGI O2

4. Animated Texture maps in VRML

5. Animated textures

6. animated gif as texture, possible?

7. Animated Gifs in VA 4.02