Don't cares in expressions
Author Message
 Don't cares in expressions

Hi,

I have a question relating to don't cares in logic expressions:

In a case statement I have the following line:

  case Comp_In is
      when "1-0-0-0-" => MB_Out1 <= "001";

Using this line inside the testbench:

Comp_In <= "10000000";

I should get an MB_Out= 001 !? But I don't...

Is is not possible to use don't cares in case statements?

Thanks
Felix

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:17:02 GMT
 Don't cares in expressions

Quote:

> Hi,

> I have a question relating to don't cares in logic expressions:

http://www.vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html#dont_cares

 --Mike Treseler

Sun, 02 May 2004 03:45:13 GMT

1. don't care the dryers strongly, mould them partly

2. don't care the dryers strongly, mould them partly

3. don't care the dryers strongly, mould them partly

4. Testing for unknowns or don't cares

5. Don't care states in decoders

6. Don't Care in a with...select?

7. Don't care in VHDL ???

8. How to deal with Don't cares

9. don't care in vhdl..

10. UnInit, Weak Unknown, Don't Care Signals

11. Don't cares in std_logic_vector

12. Don't care for integer?