Looking for VHDL RTL for B-Tree ...
Author Message
 Looking for VHDL RTL for B-Tree ...

I am looking for a VHDL(Verilog) model
for implementing B-tree algorithm.

Can someone point me or help me with this?
Would appreciate it very much.

Thanks.

Tassi.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VHDL RTL for B-Tree ...

Quote:

>I am looking for a VHDL(Verilog) model
>for implementing B-tree algorithm.

>Can someone point me or help me with this?
>Would appreciate it very much.

I am not sure what you want here.

A B-tree is a data structure optimized for finding keys in a database organized
as a set of pages where there is considerable overhead to fetching a page,
so the total number of page fetches should be minimized.  Most software
database indexes are arranged like this.

Do you want a hardware implementation of an associative memory that uses
a B-tree?  Or do you simply want database access from a testbench?  If the
latter, your best bet would be to write FLI routines (or the equivalent in
your simulator) and call out to C-based database routines, of which there
are many to choose from.

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Looking for VHDL RTL for B-Tree ...
David:

Thanks for your posting. Yes, I want a hardware
implementation. I know how to write it in C-program.
My problem is how do I translate that idea to Verilog.
I mean viz. how do I do those left pointer or right
pointer from C to Verilog ? May be some very simple
Verilog/VHDL code, showing a very simple 2-2-4 implementation
will be enough for me. I am sure I can pick it  up
from there.

Thanks.

Tassi.

Quote:

> >I am looking for a VHDL(Verilog) model
> >for implementing B-tree algorithm.

> >Can someone point me or help me with this?
> >Would appreciate it very much.

> I am not sure what you want here.

> A B-tree is a data structure optimized for finding keys in a database
organized
> as a set of pages where there is considerable overhead to fetching a
page,
> so the total number of page fetches should be minimized.  Most
software
> database indexes are arranged like this.

> Do you want a hardware implementation of an associative memory that
uses
> a B-tree?  Or do you simply want database access from a testbench?
If the
> latter, your best bet would be to write FLI routines (or the
equivalent in
> your simulator) and call out to C-based database routines, of which
there
> are many to choose from.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Mon, 28 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. VHDL-to-Verilog RTL translation tools

2. Invitation to ballot IEEE 1076.6 VHDL RTL Synthesis Standard

3. VHDL to Verilog RTL translator available under GPL

4. Verilog/Vhdl rtl design

5. Free VHDL/Verilog - Behavioral/RTL/Gate Level Designs

6. RTL model of a large design in VHDL

7. VHDL to Verilog (RTL level) translator

8. Simulating VHDL produced from leonardo (RTL)

9. Unit Delay sim on RTL VHDL

10. VHDL to Verilog RTL translator available under GPL

11. Functions and variables in RTL VHDL for synthesis?

12. Vasco Interactive RTL VHDL tutorial available in the UK from Parallel Systems