Warp 2 question
Author Message
 Warp 2 question

Hi,
I was trying to simulate a small piece of code using Warp 2 compiler/simulator,
but am running into some problems when trying to use a combinatorially
generated signal to clock in another signal, the piece of code is as follows

sig1 <= sig2 OR sig3;
sig4 <= sig5 AND sig6;
sig7 <= sig8 AND sig9;

proc1 : PROCESS
BEGIN
WAIT UNTIL (sig7'EVENT AND sig7 = '1');
CASE sig10 IS
WHEN "00" =>
    sig11 <= sig12;
WHEN OTHERS =>
    sig11 <= sig13;
END CASE;
END PROCESS;

-----------------
All signals used are bits with sig10 being a bit vector of size 2.
Warp 2 successfully compiles this code and synthesizes it, but when it
tries to fit it into the targeted device (I need to do this to simulate it)
it comes out with the error
  SIGNAL proc1.sig7.C cannot be used as clock sig11.Q

What does this error mean? and are there any work arounds for it??
Does it mean that I cannot use any signal as a clock?

Any insights into this problem are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
--eswar

-- Home Page : http://www.*-*-*.com/
-- Favorite Quote : The essence of advancement is simplicity. --Dr. Zarkov
-- ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MINE AND MINE ALONE, NO COPYRIGHT VIOLATIONS

Fri, 05 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Mass change of all Warp 3 URL's to Warp 4 URLs

2. REXX Question (OS/2 Warp 4)

3. Cypress Warp Aldec Simulator question

4. Cypress WARP question

5. APL/2 & WARP

6. APL chars in DOS Windows under Warp?

7. Graphpak for APL2 on OS/2 Warp

8. Creating .EXE with PARTS 3.03 (OS/2 Warp)

9. APL-III-WIN will not load on OS/2 Warp 3

10. GNU Smalltalk under OS/2 Warp: anybody?

11. ST/V 2.0 under WARP

12. Smalltalk/V under OS/2 Warp