Differences Between VHDL 87 and VHDL 93
Author Message
 Differences Between VHDL 87 and VHDL 93

Can someone point me to something that lists the differences between
VHDL 87 and VHDL 93?  I'm getting warnings from my synthesis run saying
VHDL 93 produces different concatination results than VHDL 87.  I want
to understand the differences so I can ensure I am building the proper
logic.

Thanks,

--
Ed D'Avignon
Vitesse Semiconductor Corporation

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 00:20:44 GMT
 Differences Between VHDL 87 and VHDL 93

> Can someone point me to something that lists the differences between
> VHDL 87 and VHDL 93?  I'm getting warnings from my synthesis run saying
> VHDL 93 produces different concatination results than VHDL 87.  I want
> to understand the differences so I can ensure I am building the proper
> logic.

Take a look at section 4.2.39 of the FAQ (part 1):

    http://www.vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl/FAQ1.html#concat

It  addresses these kind of  warnings.

--
Edwin

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 02:47:03 GMT
 Differences Between VHDL 87 and VHDL 93

Quote:
> Can someone point me to something that lists the differences between
> VHDL 87 and VHDL 93?  I'm getting warnings from my synthesis run

http://www.diagonal.ch/vhdl.html

HTH,
  Colin

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 05:34:08 GMT

1. VHDL-93 generates different concatenation results from VHDL-87

2. Concatenation vhdl-87 vs vhdl-93

3. VHDL'87 to VHDL'93 upgrade

4. VHDL-93 vs VHDL-87 concatenation result.

5. VHDL-93 generates different concatenation results from VHDL-87

6. VHDL'87 vs VHDL'93

7. VHDL-87 vs. VHDL-93

8. From vhdl 93 to vhdl 87

9. Gezocht: VHDL'87/'93 en voorbeelden