VHLD-mode for EMACS ??
Author Message
 VHLD-mode for EMACS ??

I'm looking for an VHDL-mode for (Lucid) emacs! I'm pretty
shure there must be something like this in the net - but where?

Thanks for any hints

SNI AG, SU MR PD 221            |       _/    _/  _/
Otto_Hahn-Ring 6                |      _/    _/  _/
D-81739 Munich                  |     _/_/_/_/___/
Fax.: +49-89-63649804           |    _/        _/
Tel.: +49-89-63648719           |   _/        _/
                                |  _/        _/

Sun, 02 Mar 1997 14:46:08 GMT
 VHLD-mode for EMACS ??

    Peter> I'm looking for an VHDL-mode for (Lucid) emacs! I'm pretty
    Peter> shure there must be something like this in the net - but
    Peter> where?

Here :-)

This is the VHDL equivalent of c-mode.el (i.e. it indents code, and
that's all it does).  If you want templates and stuff like that, then
there are other VHDL emacs packages available for those things (I
don't use them myself, but others swear by them).

This is vhdl-mode version 1.17.  I also have version 2.x of vhdl-mode
available for anyone who wants to beta test it (drop me a note if you
are interested).  Version 2.x has an indenting engine based on cc-mode
technology (thanks to Barry Warsaw!).

Anyone who uses this, please drop me a note so I can add you to the
list for updates.

#! /bin/sh
# This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then unpack
# it by saving it into a file and typing "sh file".  To overwrite existing
# files, type "sh file -c".  You can also feed this as standard input via
# unshar, or by typing "sh <file", e.g..  If this archive is complete, you
# will see the following message at the end:
#               "End of archive 1 (of 1)."
# Contents:  COPYING LCD-entry MANIFEST Makefile README vhdl-defns.el
#   vhdl-mode.el vhdl-syntax.el

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb ; export PATH
if test -f 'COPYING' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'COPYING'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'COPYING'\" \(7742 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'COPYING' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X                GNU EMACS GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
X                   (Clarified 11 Feb 1988)
X Copyright (C) 1985, 1987, 1988 Richard M. Stallman
X Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
X of this license, but changing it is not allowed.  You can also
X use this wording to make the terms for other programs.
X  The license agreements of most software companies keep you at the
Xmercy of those companies.  By contrast, our general public license is
Xintended to give everyone the right to share GNU Emacs.  To make
Xsure that you get the rights we want you to have, we need to make
Xrestrictions that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you
Xto surrender the rights.  Hence this license agreement.
X  Specifically, we want to make sure that you have the right to give
Xaway copies of Emacs, that you receive source code or else can get it
Xif you want it, that you can change Emacs or use pieces of it in new
Xfree programs, and that you know you can do these things.
X  To make sure that everyone has such rights, we have to forbid you to
Xdeprive anyone else of these rights.  For example, if you distribute
Xcopies of Emacs, you must give the recipients all the rights that you
Xhave.  You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the
Xsource code.  And you must tell them their rights.
X  Also, for our own protection, we must make certain that everyone
Xfinds out that there is no warranty for GNU Emacs.  If Emacs is
Xmodified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know
Xthat what they have is not what we distributed, so that any problems
Xintroduced by others will not reflect on our reputation.
X  Therefore we (Richard Stallman and the Free Software Fundation,
XInc.) make the following terms which say what you must do to be
Xallowed to distribute or change GNU Emacs.
X                       COPYING POLICIES
X  1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of GNU Emacs source code
Xas you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
Xappropriately publish on each copy a valid copyright notice "Copyright
X(C) 1988 Free Software Foundation, Inc." (or with whatever year is
Xappropriate); keep intact the notices on all files that refer to this
XLicense Agreement and to the absence of any warranty; and give any
Xother recipients of the GNU Emacs program a copy of this License
XAgreement along with the program.  You may charge a distribution fee
Xfor the physical act of transferring a copy.
X  2. You may modify your copy or copies of GNU Emacs source code or
Xany portion of it, and copy and distribute such modifications under
Xthe terms of Paragraph 1 above, provided that you also do the following:
X    a) cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating
X    that you changed the files and the date of any change; and
X    b) cause the whole of any work that you distribute or publish,
X    that in whole or in part contains or is a derivative of GNU Emacs
X    or any part thereof, to be licensed at no charge to all third
X    parties on terms identical to those contained in this License
X    Agreement (except that you may choose to grant more extensive
X    warranty protection to some or all third parties, at your option).
X    c) if the modified program serves as a text editor, cause it when
X    started running in the simplest and usual way, to print an
X    announcement including a valid copyright notice "Copyright (C)
X    1988 Free Software Foundation, Inc." (or with the year that is
X    appropriate), saying that there is no warranty (or else, saying
X    that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the
X    program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a
X    copy of this License Agreement.
X    d) You may charge a distribution fee for the physical act of
X    transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty
X    protection in exchange for a fee.
XMere aggregation of another unrelated program with this program (or its
Xderivative) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring
Xthe other program under the scope of these terms.
X  3. You may copy and distribute GNU Emacs (or a portion or derivative of it,
Xunder Paragraph 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of
XParagraphs 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
X    a) accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable
X    source code, which must be distributed under the terms of
X    Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
X    b) accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
X    years, to give any third party free (except for a nominal
X    shipping charge) a complete machine-readable copy of the
X    corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of
X    Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
X    c) accompany it with the information you received as to where the
X    corresponding source code may be obtained.  (This alternative is
X    allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you
X    received the program in object code or executable form alone.)
XFor an executable file, complete source code means all the source code for
Xall modules it contains; but, as a special exception, it need not include
Xsource code for modules which are standard libraries that accompany the
Xoperating system on which the executable file runs.
X  4. You may not copy, sublicense, distribute or transfer GNU Emacs
Xexcept as expressly provided under this License Agreement.  Any attempt
Xotherwise to copy, sublicense, distribute or transfer GNU Emacs is void and
Xyour rights to use GNU Emacs under this License agreement shall be
Xautomatically terminated.  However, parties who have received computer
Xsoftware programs from you with this License Agreement will not have
Xtheir licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
X  5. If you wish to incorporate parts of GNU Emacs into other free programs
Xwhose distribution conditions are different, write to the Free Software
XFoundation.  We have not yet worked out a simple rule that can be stated
Xhere, but we will often permit this.  We will be guided by the two goals of
Xpreserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and of
Xpromoting the sharing and reuse of software.
XYour comments and suggestions about our licensing policies and our
Xsoftware are welcome!  Please contact the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
X675 Mass Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, or call (617) 876-3296.
X                          NO WARRANTY
X  BECAUSE GNU EMACS IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, WE PROVIDE ABSOLUTELY
XNO WARRANTY, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE STATE LAW.  EXCEPT
XWHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING, FREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC,
XRICHARD M. STALLMAN AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE GNU EMACS "AS IS"
XWITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,
XBUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND
XFITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY
XAND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU.  SHOULD THE GNU EMACS
XPROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY
XSERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
X IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW WILL FREE SOFTWARE
XFOUNDATION, INC., RICHARD M. STALLMAN, AND/OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY
XMODIFY AND REDISTRIBUTE GNU EMACS AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU
XFOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST MONIES, OR OTHER
XSPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR
XINABILITY TO USE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA
XBEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY THIRD PARTIES OR A
XFAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH PROGRAMS NOT DISTRIBUTED BY
XFREE SOFTWARE FOUNDATION, INC.) THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF YOU HAVE BEEN
XADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR FOR ANY CLAIM BY ANY
XOTHER PARTY.
END_OF_FILE
if test 7742 -ne `wc -c <'COPYING'`; then
    echo shar: \"'COPYING'\" unpacked with wrong size!
fi
# end of 'COPYING'
fi
if test -f 'LCD-entry' -a "${1}" != "-c" ; then
  echo shar: Will not clobber existing file \"'LCD-entry'\"
else
echo shar: Extracting \"'LCD-entry'\" \(148 characters\)
sed "s/^X//" >'LCD-entry' <<'END_OF_FILE'
X;; LCD Archive Entry:

X;; |VHDL major mode
X;; |$Date: 1994/09/14 23:32:38 $|$Revision: 1.17 $|| ...

read more »

Mon, 03 Mar 1997 07:39:41 GMT
 VHLD-mode for EMACS ??

To follow a vhdl.el with indentation/templates/pretty printer

;;; 92FEB04
;
;CONTENTS:
; copyright
; mail and support info
; history
; general philosophy
; quick start instructions
; future enhancements
; gnuvhdl-elisp-code:
;  abbrev table
;  mode setup
;  vhdl functions
;  idioms
;  comment functions
;  hook table
;
;***********************************************************************
;
;                Extensive modifications were made in February 1992

;                of Pittsburgh as a member of the PittCAD design
;                group. Please forward all questions to him.
;
;#############################################################################
;                GNU EMACS GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
;                   (Clarified 11 Feb 1988)
;
[...]
;    Paragraphs 1 and 2 above; or,
;
[...]
;OTHER PARTY.
;
;#############################################################################
;
; PLEASE SEND COMMENTS, MODIFICATIONS, AND ENHANCEMENTS TO:

;   As appropriate, these will be incorporated and periodically posted to
;   comp.lang.vhdl.  If someone wants to make available an archive site
;   for "raw" change suggestions, I will forward any mail to that location
;
;   Note that this is a "hack" and is work in progress.
;   Please also note (of course) that this work is done on personal time.
;
;#############################################################################
;             GENERAL PHILOSOPHY
;#############################################################################
;
; We used the ^C<whatever> mode for about 35 milliseconds before discovering
; that our particular form of brain damage actually made it harder to
; remember the keystroke than the real VHDL.  So, thus was born:
;
;                  SYNTAX-DIRECTED-GNU-VHDL-MODE (no catchy acronyms) (TM)
;
; Main features of VHDL mode include:
;   automatic keyword

read more »

Tue, 04 Mar 1997 23:37:32 GMT

1. Ruby Emacs-mode with Emacs 21.1.1

2. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.74)

3. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.71)

4. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.56.1.1)

5. Emacs VHDL editing mode (vhdl-mode.el version 2.56.1.1)

6. VHDL mode for Emacs (vhdl-mode.el version 2.50)

7. emacs outline mode for fortran and f90 mode ?

8. (X)Emacs, python-mode, mmm-mode, and Spyce

9. emacs mode for __editing J source code?

10. j-interaction-mode for gnu emacs (works with J 3.2)

11. revised GNU emacs J interaction mode

12. J interaction mode for GNU EMACS