ModelSim Support
Author Message
 ModelSim Support

Hi All,
Several months ago I posted a reply to a thread asking for points of
view regarding whether somebody should go for either Modelsim or Aldec.
I replied expressing my dissatisfaction regarding the support for
Modelsim.
Last month my boss received a call complaining that I had had a go as it
were. The issue of how they worked out where I worked I will leave
others to comment upon.
However I did speak to the Saros guy who explained he was more than
happy to help out on any problems or bugs and to not hesitate to call. I
did ask him about a bug I found in 4.7 H regarding the List output that
I reported two years ago and never had a satisfactory answer to (ie fix
or workaround) and he informed me that he would look into it and see if
the problem had been fixed in later versions. I would not expect them to
support 4.7H after this period.
Whatever response I get I'll keep the group informed, hopefully the bug
has been fixed. The chap was eager to be helpful.

(for those who are interested the bug was when the resolution was set to
ps and a very long simulation was run (200 ms in my case) the trailing
digits in the time column were erased as the software did not
dynamically update the time column width)

--
Andr Powell

Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Boston, MA - Technical Support Analysts - PC/Network Support - Financial Services

2. Boston, MA - Technical Support Analysts - PC/Network Support - Financial Services

3. Boston, MA - Technical Support Analysts - PC/Network Support - Financial Services

4. Cadence NCSIm Vs NCSim Desktop Vs Modelsim Vs VCS

5. ModelSim XE library usage

6. Modelsim and Synthesis

7. Using Modelsim with VERY VERY large designs / netlists / sdo's

8. simple examples of pli in C++ like a counter with Modelsim

9. Modelsim VS VCS question

10. Modelsim XE simulation problem.

11. Opinions on ModelSim/VLOG

12. Modelsim v5.5