Multiplication,Divison Synthesis needed
Author Message
 Multiplication,Divison Synthesis needed

Anyone know where I can get multiplication and division VHDL
code for synthesis.  I am using Viewlogics ViewSynthesis.

Thanks
Tom Winkert
(301)286-2917

Mon, 24 Feb 1997 23:25:45 GMT
 Multiplication,Divison Synthesis needed

|> Anyone know where I can get multiplication and division VHDL
|> code for synthesis.  I am using Viewlogics ViewSynthesis.
|>

|> Thanks
|> Tom Winkert
|> (301)286-2917

Well, I'm not sure this will help much but....

Mentor Graphics Corp. has tools which will automagically
generate synthesizable (at least for Autologic) VHDL code
for all different sorts of constructs including multipliers
(dividers will be supported real soon now :-) ). Many options
are available with the code generation including multiplier
and multiplicand width specification, input accumulation
and final output addition.

--
Thomas Rock
Sr. ASIC Design Consulting Engineer

Tue, 25 Feb 1997 21:32:46 GMT
 Multiplication,Divison Synthesis needed
Quote:

> Anyone know where I can get multiplication and division VHDL
> code for synthesis.  I am using Viewlogics ViewSynthesis.

> Thanks
> Tom Winkert
> (301)286-2917

As far as I know ViewSynthesis has a restricted support on
multiplication, division, Rem, Mod functions.
When I'm correct it only support these functions for synthesis
if:
a) left operand is a vector (of vlbit)
b) rigth operand is an integer, and is a power of 2.

But in the near future this will probably better. They have
announced products:
- VIEWArchictect, and
- VIEWfpga

I think that the first tool will be more suitable. (If I'm correct
it wil be the top of the SILCSyn synthesis environment, earlier this
was part of Racal Redac environment).
VIEWfpga is a logic synthesis tool like VIEWSynthesis.

Bert Molenkamp
University of Twente
the Netherlands

Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:14:52 GMT

1. Synthesis while and multiplication

2. Synopsys synthesis for multiplication, division

3. Help: P II: Divison by zero.

4. Need help, with creating a Booth multiplication algorythm.

5. binary divison

6. Division & Multiplication (unsigned/signed) - Need HELP

7. Synthesis error (How to use REAL type when synthesis)

8. Program Synthesis References Needed

9. need info about Synopsys chip synthesis workshops

10. CAE Synthesis expert needed at Silicon Graphics, Mountain View, CA

11. In Need of ASIC engineers w/ HDL,synthesis,verification exp

12. Need HELP with SynplifyPro synthesis