XIlinx and Synopsys
Author Message
 XIlinx and Synopsys

Hi there ? As synopsys posses the right to sell FPGA express. Can I
use FPGA express complier separatly with Xilinx ISE 5.1i. ?
Or Is there is any integration issue?

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 00:27:44 GMT
 XIlinx and Synopsys
Muhammad,

A number of years ago FPGA Express used to be sold separately as well as
OEM'ed.  To my knowledge FPGA Express is neither sold nor OEM'ed.  The
FPGA synthesis tool that Synopsys sells right now is FPGA Compiler II.
With FPGA Compiler II you will have to use the 'EDIF' flow when using
ISE 5.1i.

Steve

Quote:

> Hi there ? As synopsys posses the right to sell FPGA express. Can I
> use FPGA express complier separatly with Xilinx ISE 5.1i. ?
> Or Is there is any integration issue?

Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:59:34 GMT
 XIlinx and Synopsys

Quote:

> Muhammad,

> A number of years ago FPGA Express used to be sold separately as well as
> OEM'ed.  To my knowledge FPGA Express is neither sold nor OEM'ed.  The
> FPGA synthesis tool that Synopsys sells right now is FPGA Compiler II.
> With FPGA Compiler II you will have to use the 'EDIF' flow when using
> ISE 5.1i.

> Steve

> > Hi there ? As synopsys posses the right to sell FPGA express. Can I
> > use FPGA express complier separatly with Xilinx ISE 5.1i. ?
> > Or Is there is any integration issue?

Hi,

I find a way to have FpgaExpress working with ISE 4.2 and 5.1
(supposed it still work with 5.2i). Just install FpgaExpress (CD from
ISE3.1 for instance) and copy the files libSecurity.dll and
feslw30.dll into C:\Xilinx5\bin\nt.

Sat, 27 Aug 2005 16:38:53 GMT

1. Global GSR net in a Xilinx design (Synopsys)

2. Summary: Syntesis of RAM for Xilinx with Synopsys VHDL

3. Help: Passing constriants from SYNOPSYS FPGA compiler to XILINX M1 impplementation

4. SYNOPSYS, XILINX, VHDL mailing list ?

5. Using Xilinx coregen and Synopsys

6. Post Synthesis Simulation in Synopsys for Xilinx XL4000 FPGA

7. Help: Passing constriants from SYNOPSYS FPGA compiler to XILINX M1 impplementation tools

8. I want to get a synopsys for XILINX spartan FPGA

9. Synopsys & Xilinx 6200

10. Glitches in timing simulation of Xilinx FPGAs with Synopsys

11. Synopsys BC and Xilinx RAM

12. SYNOPSYS, XILINX, VHDL mailing list ?