Conversion of VHDL Model to SW Simulation Nucleus
Author Message
 Conversion of VHDL Model to SW Simulation Nucleus

June 22, 1995

I need to convert a vhdl model of a chip we are developing into the nucleus
for a software simulator for the chip. Rather than writing a program that
supposedly simulates my complex chip, I would like to simply convert the
vhdl model of my chip intocode that models my chip. We would then build a
user interface around that simuation model to be able to insert the usual
hooks for debugging programs on a simulator.

Some months back we engaged someone who was going to convert a vhdl model to
C code that could form the core of the model, but he failed to deliver...

Our platform is a PC and we need the model to run as a MS-Windows application.

Does anyone have anything we can use to help us in this effort?

Regards,

Steve Morton
Oxford Computer, Inc.
39 Old Good Hill Road
Oxford, CT 06478 USA

Mon, 08 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion of VHDL Model to SW Simulation Nucleus
June 26, 1995

I am responding to a reply from Michael Cohen.

It looks plausible that we could write a user interface that communicates
with a vhdl simulator via a series of command, vector and results files.
Thus, instead of having a GUI for the simulator as a pure vhdl model and
viewing waveforms, that we could construct the input files that would drive
a simulator running a model of our chip. We would get results back also via
files that we place in a human-readable form for a sw developer to use --
someone who does not know vhdl.

Of course, we would need to know the file interface specification for the
simulator, and would need to be able to simulate complex designs quickly.

In summary, then, yes, it looks like we could use a command-line or macro
input to a vhdl simulator to build the simulation nucleus for a simulator
that a sw developer uses to write programs for our chip.

Regards,

Steve Morton
Oxford Computer, Inc.

PS. How many low cost, vhdl simualtors can accept such a command-line or
file I/O method? We need to provide 1,000's of sw development systems to our
customers at LOW cost.

Fri, 12 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Conversion of VHDL Model to SW Simulation Nucleus

Quote:

>Some months back we engaged someone who was going to convert a vhdl model to
>C code that could form the core of the model, but he failed to deliver...

I remember coming across a C2VHDL project or conference on the Web.
Please search LYCOS or WebCrawler with the keywords C2VHDL or VHDL.
It should be easier to do VHDL->C than from C->VHDL!

poke the parent of the active child    (help on MDI & DDE)

Sun, 14 Dec 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hw/Sw Co-design AND C to VHDL conversion

2. Job opportunity in VHDL Simulation Models

3. Need Help Verifing Vendor Memory IP Simulation(vhdl) Models

4. vhdl simulation model

5. VHDL model for SPI memory simulation

6. Modeling a pullup resistor in VHDL simulation

7. Pipeline Burst SRAM VHDL simulation Model

8. VHDL simulation model sources

9. Verilog-VHDL conversion - simulation semantics

10. Verilog-VHDL conversion - simulation semantics

11. VA-Reston- QA Engineer - Simulation, Test Tool Developer - SW ( 461226 )

12. VA-Reston- QA Engineer - Simulation, Test Tool Developer - SW ( 130653 )