RFD: comp.lsi.testing
Author Message
 RFD: comp.lsi.testing

CALL FOR DISCUSSION: Comp.lsi.cat
Change proposal

The response to the above call for discussion was quite good, so we think
it makes sense to post the regular call for votes in two weeks.

The general echo to the contents to be discussed was positive, however,
a number of people disliked our proposal for the name. To avoid
endless discussions and repeated calls for discussions on the name only,
we would like to contribute a compromise. We dislike any group ending
with an explicit '.test' in it, due to possible misunderstanding of the
purpose (ref. to 'alt.test', 'news.test' and their special task), but
an often mentioned name for this group seems to be reasonable.
It is
                comp.lsi.testing

and we hope, this one makes all the "ates" and "fault.tolerants"
and "cad.testers" etc. happy. (You may still vote against; don't do!)

The regular call for votes will refer to this name unless there will
be a large cry for change on the net. So don't be confused, when you
see a call for votes for comp.lsi.testing.

PLEASE RESPECT AGAIN THAT THE FORUM FOR RESPONSES TO THIS LETTER IS
NOT THIS GROUP WHERE YOU HAVE FOUND IT, BUT news.groups.

Holger & Nikolaus
--

|  | /   Fac. of Electr. Eng.    | UUCP:   ...!uunet!unido!unidui!hl351ge
|  |/    Dept. f. Dataprocessing |

Mon, 27 Sep 1993 13:52:33 GMT

1. 1st CFV: comp.lsi.testing (was: comp.lsi.cat)

2. RESULT: comp.lsi.testing passes 178: 31

3. CFV: comp.lsi.testing

4. RFD: comp.lang.ruby (getting Ruby out of comp.lang.misc)

5. 2nd RFD: comp.org.lisp-users and comp.std.lisp

6. 2nd RFD: comp.org.lisp-users and comp.std.lisp

7. Invitation to std cell discussion in comp.lsi

8. Call For Discussion: Comp.lsi.CAT

9. Pittsburgh Simulator (fwd from comp.lsi)

10. RFD: comp.object.advocacy

11. 2nd RFD: comp.software.patterns

12. 2nd RFD: comp.software.patterns