Can ModelSim PE/SE and XE coexist?
Author Message
 Can ModelSim PE/SE and XE coexist?

I am currently using ModelSim 5.6e PE on a PC licensed from a dongle.

Unfortunately, this will only allow one instance of ModelSim to simulate
at a time. This is currently proving a problem as I am running some big sims.
I cannot do any other sims on small blocks for the few hours that my big sims
are running.

A year or so ago I tried using ModelSim XE along with PE on the same PC,
but never managed to get them both to work at the same time.

Has anyone tried this recently with any sucess?

Many Thanks,

Ken Morrow,
Morrow Electronics Limited.

Fri, 09 Sep 2005 05:55:07 GMT
 Can ModelSim PE/SE and XE coexist?
Hi,
I am running ModelSim SE PLUS 5.6a and ModelSimXE-II V5.6a both on a
Windows 2000 machine with the following variables set for an ethernet
based license---->

Variable name :LM_LICENSE_FILE
Variable Value:C:\Modeltech_xe\win32xoem\license.dat;C:\MtFlexlm\bin\license.dat

This works for sure.
Regards,
SANKET.

Quote:

> I am currently using ModelSim 5.6e PE on a PC licensed from a dongle.

> Unfortunately, this will only allow one instance of ModelSim to simulate
> at a time. This is currently proving a problem as I am running some big sims.
> I cannot do any other sims on small blocks for the few hours that my big sims
> are running.

> A year or so ago I tried using ModelSim XE along with PE on the same PC,
> but never managed to get them both to work at the same time.

> Has anyone tried this recently with any sucess?

> Many Thanks,

> Ken Morrow,
> Morrow Electronics Limited.

Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:26:16 GMT
 Can ModelSim PE/SE and XE coexist?

Quote:

> I am currently using ModelSim 5.6e PE on a PC licensed from a dongle.

> Unfortunately, this will only allow one instance of ModelSim to simulate
> at a time. This is currently proving a problem as I am running some big sims.
> I cannot do any other sims on small blocks for the few hours that my big sims
> are running.

> A year or so ago I tried using ModelSim XE along with PE on the same PC,
> but never managed to get them both to work at the same time.

> Has anyone tried this recently with any sucess?

Just a suggestion: get another computer.  You'll slow down BOTH sims
if you get both running at the same time.

--a

Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:21:02 GMT

1. ModelSim XE library usage

2. Modelsim XE simulation problem.

3. Modelsim XE starter

4. How to show internal signals in ModelSim 5.6 Starter XE wave window

5. forcing top level inout signal in modelsim xe

6. Modelsim XE behavioural simulation of FFs

7. Modelsim XE strange error...

8. ModelSim XE error in simulation - Help

9. ModelSim XE/Starter speed issues

10. question about using ModelSim XE

11. CW versions PE & SE

12. To all Clarion SE customers (PE too)