Book for learning VHDL ?
Author Message
 Book for learning VHDL ?

Hi everyone

I want to learn VHDL programming and I wonder if anyone could recommend me a
very good book in this subject.

Yes,  I have seen the list in the FAQ but there is allways a lot of book's
to choose between.

I'm totally new in this subject so I need a very good explanation book.

/B

Tue, 29 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Book for learning VHDL ?
One that I particularly like is HDL CHIP DESIGN by Douglas J. Smith.  You
can find it listed on Amazon.com at:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0965193438/optimagicsprograA/

We also maintain a list of VHDL books on The Programmable Logic Jump Station
at http://www.optimagic.com/books.html#VHDL.

Also, there are some excellent on-line tutorials available.  Check out our
HDL tutorial links at http://www.optimagic.com/tutorials.html#VHDL .

Steven K. Knapp
OptiMagic, Inc. -- "Great Designs Happen 'OptiMagic'-ally"

   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com

>Hi everyone

>I want to learn VHDL programming and I wonder if anyone could recommend me
>very good book in this subject.

>Yes,  I have seen the list in the FAQ but there is allways a lot of book's
>to choose between.

>I'm totally new in this subject so I need a very good explanation book.

>/B

Wed, 30 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Book for learning VHDL ?
First of all, don't go to Amazon, go to

        http://www.booksamillion.com

usually you can save around 37% compared with Amazon for the same book.

Second, I found the following two books are very helpful to me:

<<Digital Design and Modeling with VHDL and Synthesis>>
        by K. C. Chang, $34.65 at booksamillion, $55 at Amazon
        I think this book is very good for beginners. (I'm a
        beginner.)

<<VHDL Made Easy>>
        by D. Pellerin & D. Taylor, $39.06 at booksamillion, $62 at Amazon

--- Weishi

Quote:
>One that I particularly like is HDL CHIP DESIGN by Douglas J. Smith.  You
>can find it listed on Amazon.com at:
>http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0965193438/optimagicsprograA/
>We also maintain a list of VHDL books on The Programmable Logic Jump Station
>at http://www.optimagic.com/books.html#VHDL.
>Also, there are some excellent on-line tutorials available.  Check out our
>HDL tutorial links at http://www.optimagic.com/tutorials.html#VHDL .
>Steven K. Knapp
>OptiMagic, Inc. -- "Great Designs Happen 'OptiMagic'-ally"

>   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com

>>Hi everyone

>>I want to learn VHDL programming and I wonder if anyone could recommend me
>>very good book in this subject.

>>Yes,  I have seen the list in the FAQ but there is allways a lot of book's
>>to choose between.

>>I'm totally new in this subject so I need a very good explanation book.

>>/B

Thu, 31 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Book for learning VHDL ?
I just wanted to add my two cents worth on booksamillion. I ordered a
book from them and found that they only support web communications. If
you have any questions, including "where's my order?", the only way to
ask is via email. I sent them an email Saturday and have only received
an automated reply so far. I may well cancel my order if I can't find a
way to reach a person to ask questions.

Quote:

--

Rick Collins

remove the XY to email me.

Fri, 01 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

2. Please recommend a book for learning VHDL.

3. Want a good book to learn vhdl

4. What book should I get to learn VHDL?

5. VHDL self learning book recommendation sought

6. good book for learning Smalltalk?

7. Learning Books

8. What is best book to learn smalltalk

9. Books for learning Smalltalk and Visual Age

10. Book learning ABC

11. Error in Learning Clarion Book and CD's

12. SE: Book on learning smalltalk?