HDL Questions
Author Message
 HDL Questions

Quote:

> - Please I want to study one of the HDL languages so what is teh best
> language ( VHDL or verilog ) to study and why?  and what about the oo
> VHDL?

> - Do you know if there is a shareware of freeware software that any of
> the HDL languages and perform only digital simulation, I do not want
> it to optimize my circuit.

> thanks in advance

J.

        I can't tell you which one is better or worse, but Cypress
Semiconductor
is offering a full vhdl development system called warp2 for a VERY cheap
$99.00.
Check out their web site for details. I think it also comes with a
textbook.

                                                Sean Sexton

Sun, 02 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HDL Questions

- Please I want to study one of the HDL languages so what is teh best
language ( VHDL or verilog ) to study and why?  and what about the oo
VHDL?

- Do you know if there is a shareware of freeware software that any of
the HDL languages and perform only digital simulation, I do not want
it to optimize my circuit.

thanks in advance
                  \\\|///
                \\  ~ ~  //

+------------oOOo---(_)---oOOo-------------+
|                                          |

|www.planet.edu/~jik/JamilHomepage.html    |
|www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Pines/6639|
|                                          |
|              .oooO   Oooo.               |
|              (   )   (   )               |
+---------------\ (-----) /----------------+
                 \_)   (_/

Tue, 04 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HDL Questions

|- Do you know if there is a shareware of freeware software that any of
|the HDL languages and perform only digital simulation, I do not want
|it to optimize my circuit.

I don't have an answer for which is best (it's somewhat of a religious
arguement).  However, you can find various free or demo software
available on The Programmable Logic Jump Station at
http://www.optimagic.com/lowcost.html .

Steven K. Knapp                 'Great designs happen "OptiMagic"-ally'
OptiMagic, Inc.

   Web:  http://www.optimagic.com
 Phone:  1-408-454-1811

Wed, 05 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HDL Questions

> - Please I want to study one of the HDL languages so what is teh best
> language ( VHDL or verilog ) to study and why?  and what about the oo
> VHDL?

> - Do you know if there is a shareware of freeware software that any of
> the HDL languages and perform only digital simulation, I do not want
> it to optimize my circuit.

For some free or cheap VHDL simulation systems check out part 3 of the
FAQ located at
        http://vhdl.org/comp.lang.vhdl/

Bye,...
Edwin
Edwin Naroska
Computer Engineering Institute
(Lehrstuhl fuer Datenverarbeitungssysteme)
University of Dortmund
44221 Dortmund
Germany

phone: ++49 231 7552406
fax: ++49 231 7553251

Mon, 10 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 HDL Questions

Quote:

> > - Please I want to study one of the HDL languages so what is teh best
> > language ( VHDL or verilog ) to study and why?  and what about the oo
> > VHDL?

> > - Do you know if there is a shareware of freeware software that any of
> > the HDL languages and perform only digital simulation, I do not want
> > it to optimize my circuit.

I think Verilog is the best HDL to learn first - and in general
I prefer it to VHDL except in its poor parameterization features.

There is a simulater called Veriwell which is available over
the web - with the restiction that it will only run
programmes of  less than 1000 lines. It can be found
        http://www.syncad.com/ver_down.htm

An excellent on-line manual can be found at:
        http://www.eg.bucknell.edu/~cs320/1995-fall/verilog-manual.html

My own opinions on Verilog vs VHDL can be found at:
        http://www.ee.ed.ac.uk/~gerard/VLSI/verilog.ps

and my undergraduate course pages and  resources live at
        http://www.ee.ed.ac.uk/~gerard/Teach/gateway.html

--
Gerard M Blair, Senior Lecturer, The Department of Electrical Engineering,
          The University of Edinburgh, EH9 3JL, Scotland, UK

Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. HDL Questions

2. Announce: RHDL-0.4.2 (Ruby HDL) an agile HDL

3. Announce: RHDL-0.4.2 (Ruby HDL) an agile HDL

4. Announce: RHDL-0.4.2 (Ruby HDL) an agile HDL

5. newbie question: difference and advantages between VHDL / Verilog HDL

6. newbie question: difference and advantages between VHDL / Verilog HDL

7. A question about HDL bencher

8. some questions on simulation using ACTIVE-HDL

9. Forth HDL.

10. Lola HDL

11. PD version of the ELLA HDL

12. PD version of the ELLA HDL