How do I design following timer?
Author Message
 How do I design following timer?

I need timer that function counting 1ms(minimum scale).
I think that external clock is needed.
Is there solution ?

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 How do I design following timer?

Quote:

> I need timer that function counting 1ms(minimum scale).
> I think that external clock is needed.
> Is there solution ?

Not sure I understand what you want...

Anyway, you need a clock to create a timer...

But if there is already a clock in your design perhaps a
counter based on this clock could be used...
For example: if your internal clock frequency is 1MHz
Create a synchronous counter from 0 to 999 with a
reset signal ( used to launch the counter ) and a stop
signal ( up when the counter reached 999)
This signal will rise after 1ms...

Not sure this can help...   :-)

J-M

Fri, 25 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. 8254 timer design

2. 8254 timer design

3. Wait ms Timer Multiple returning inaccurate timer value

4. Using timer 2 instead of timer 1

5. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

6. Doing assembly and really doing assembly

7. Cross posting well done --> Cross post with follow-up!

8. Design Patterns for HW design ?

9. Jobs, Denver/Boulder Colorado, ASIC Design, Board Design Engineers

10. Digital Design/ASIC Design @ Sun Mass

11. *** Job: Design VHDL/Verilog/Synthesis Design

12. Design Automation Conference Seeks Design Papers