compiler for vhdl/verilog to C
Author Message
 compiler for vhdl/verilog to C

Hi:

Can anyone give me pointers to ftp sites where I could get
compilers which translate vhdl/verilog to C ?

Thanks,

Aurobindo

Tue, 11 Mar 1997 11:05:15 GMT
 compiler for vhdl/verilog to C

Quote:

>Hi:

>Can anyone give me pointers to ftp sites where I could get
>compilers which translate vhdl/verilog to C ?

Well, there are the Verilog "clones" like Chronologic's VCS and Fintronic's
Finsim, that generate C from Verilog code, and compile and run the C code.
Readability goes way down in the translation, but that's not exactly the point.

Of course, it would be nice to have a scheme where I could
write plain 'ole C code, link it with a scheduling library that handles the
parallel constructs, and go from there...

        -Kartik

Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:39:06 GMT
 compiler for vhdl/verilog to C

Quote:
> Of course, it would be nice to have a scheme where I could
> write plain 'ole C code, link it with a scheduling library that handles the
> parallel constructs, and go from there...

Well actually ... such a product does exist. It's called FPL and is a behavioural
modelling language implemented as a true superset of C. You even get to debug it
under ups :-). To be exact there isn't a scheduling library, the compiler
generates a distributed scheduler into the code at compile time. This helps to
keep the code readable because you dont see calls to the dispatcher all over the
place. Its not generally available (yet) but I'm working on it (read - hunting
for big companies to support the research).

Craig Amey
Department of Computer Science
Adelaide University

Sat, 15 Mar 1997 11:34:02 GMT

1. Free/shareware Verilog/VHDL simulators&compilers ??

2. compiler for vhdl/verilog to C

3. Any VHDL and Verilog compiler ??

4. Free/shareware Verilog/VHDL simulators&compilers ??

5. ***Verilog,VHDL and Synthesis courses taught by author of Verilog book*******

6. ***Verilog,VHDL and Synthesis courses taught by author of Verilog book*******

7. VHDl to Verilog and Verolog to VHDL converter?

8. Translator Verilog->VHDL and VHDL simulator

10. Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog ***** Verilog

11. VHDL -> Verilog, Verilog -> VHDL

12. VHDL -> Verilog, Verilog -> VHDL