get to know the textio file
Author Message
 get to know the textio file

i've to uwe the textio file for test vector generation can anybody
tell me the reading material is avalable on ehich site.

Fri, 10 Dec 2004 16:26:40 GMT
 get to know the textio file
Quote:
>i've to uwe the textio file for test vector generation can anybody
>tell me the reading material is avalable on ehich site.

Books and examples provide that info.  However, there is a lot more to textio
file for test vector generation.  If the file caontains several fields, and
instructions (e.g., READ, WRITE, INIT) then you'll need a parser to identify
each field, skip spaces and comments and blank lines.
FYI, my Component Design by Example book has an elaborate resusable parser.
MyCoding Style book also provide a parser, but it is simpler.
There is more to files for test vector generation.  There is the TB design
process that includes the verification plan, test implementation with the
transaction based approach being the recommended method,  verification
methodologies. File IO is a sliver of the problem.
Ben Cohen     Publisher, Trainer, Consultant    (310) 721-4830

Author of following textbooks:
0-9705394-2-8
* Component Design by Example ",  2001 isbn  0-9705394-0-1
* VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies, 2nd Edition, 1999 isbn 0-7923-8474-1
* VHDL Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, 2nd Edition, isbn 0-7923-8115

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 00:49:27 GMT

1. How can I know the .EXE file name, file date, file size

2. reading an executable file in VHDL using textio package

3. Reset Textio input file?

4. Binary file I/O instead of TEXTIO package?

5. Q: Non-portable TextIO files in VHDL'93

6. files and textio

7. FILE I/O using TEXTIO package

8. Getting to know JC

9. How can ST know when it gets focus???

10. Variable getting cleared - dont know why

11. Getting to know Python

12. Anyone know file layout for IE5 DBX files?