The PARALLEL Processing Connection - August '96 meeting notice
Author Message
 The PARALLEL Processing Connection - August '96 meeting notice

August 19 -- EDA - An Application Opportunity for Parallel Processing

PPC members frequently tell us that they want to hear about application
opportunities for Parallel Processing.  With that in mind, we invited a
few speakers to help us explore EDA during the next several meetings;
after that, we'll look at other application areas.

EDA (ECAD) involves a number of compute intensive areas - synthesis,
place and route, timing analysis, simulation, design rule verification,
etc.; we understand that parallelism is not yet extensively used to break
the bottlenecks.  Dr. Samad Moini of IBM,  Manager, RS-6000 EDA
application development, will provide an expert's view of the
availability of parallel EDA applications and the trends and market forces
shaping demand for them.  He'll examine what is needed to really deliver
performance on machines such as the IBM SP-2 with 1,000 or more processors
(message-passing).  One of the start-ups nurtured by PPC notes that it
sees Samad's presentation as a vehicle from which to abstract opportunities
for the Distributed Shared Memory machine that it is developing.

The main meeting starts promptly at 7:30PM at Sun Microsystems at
901 San Antonio Road in Palo Alto. This is just off the southbound San
Antonio exit of 101.  Northbound travelers also exit at San Antonio and
take the overpass to the other side of 101.  A discussion of member
projects currently underway and other issues of interest to entrepreneurs
follows immediately thereafter at 9PM.

Please be prompt; as usual, we expect a large attendance; don't be left
out or left standing. There is a $12 fee for non-members and members
will be admitted free.  Yearly membership fee is $65.

--

Director - Strategic Alliances and Partnering                  408 732-9869
PARALLEL Processing Connection

Mktg. Director
Minute-Tape International Corporation

Tue, 02 Feb 1999 03:00:00 GMT
[...]

1. The PARALLEL Processing Connection - August '96 meeting notice

2. The PARALLEL Processing Connection-February 9th meeting notice

3. CFP: ACPC'96 - parallel DBs and parallel I/O

4. Reminder: Post-JICSLP'96 Workshop and 1996 Compulog Net Area Meeting

5. MFPW'96/NZFPDC'96 Call for Participation

6. CFP: MFPW'96/NZFPDC'96

7. Call for Participation: LOPSTR'96/ILP'96

8. LONG: Object World Frankfurt '96 and Internet Forum Europe '96 Conference Programs

9. The PARALLEL Processing Connection - What Is It?

10. The PARALLEL Processing Connection - What Is It?

11. The PARALLEL Processing Connection - What Is It?

12. TOOLS USA 96 - Santa Barbara, July 29 - August 2