IP costs vs/relative to ASIC costs?
Author Message
 IP costs vs/relative to ASIC costs?

Hi,

If there is a better place to post let me know.  I am working through a
business simulation and I am trying to find out the cost difference
between licensing the intellectual property for a chip, like a
compressor or cypher or buying a complete ASIC.  Assuming that the cost
to product is known, is there any rule of thumb as to the [minimum?]
license cost of the IP in the same quantity or is this strictly customer
driven?  I know I need to include the integration and production of the
IP in final costs for the licensee.

Thanks,

Tue, 14 Oct 2003 03:30:16 GMT

1. Relative efficiencies/costs

2. SIGAda membership benefits vs. costs

3. Maintenance cost of Ada vs C++

4. Life cycle costs for FORTRAN+Ada vs. Ada

5. C++ vs Ada lifecycle costs

6. Cost of Maintenance, Fortran vs C++

7. ISI Development Costs

8. Conference costs

9. Conference costs (longish)

10. Low-Cost Remote Programmer Wanted

11. APL99 registration cost goes up after July 10, 1999

12. Zurich - Cost of living