Writing from FPGA to SRAM then to PC
Author Message
 Writing from FPGA to SRAM then to PC

Hi there
I want to write the result of the calculation done in Xilinx Vertex
device into the SRAM on board and then to the PC. Can anybody have any
idea how to do this I know I can used PC API function in my C file to
take data from memory location on SRAM. I don't know what should I
write in my VHDL code in order to make sure that I output of the pin
always goes to particular memory location in SRAM say X.

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Khan

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 04:18:54 GMT
 Writing from FPGA to SRAM then to PC
Hi,
Your board's data sheet should give you enough information on this.
Find out the FPGA pins that correspond to the address lines, data
lines and read/write signals from the FPGA to the onboard RAM. Use
these pins to write to the RAM. If the RAM is asynchronous then you
may need more than one cycle to read/write. To go to a specific
location in the RAM, you need to be sure you have that address on the
address lines.

Prashant

Quote:

> Hi there
> I want to write the result of the calculation done in Xilinx Vertex
> device into the SRAM on board and then to the PC. Can anybody have any
> idea how to do this I know I can used PC API function in my C file to
> take data from memory location on SRAM. I don't know what should I
> write in my VHDL code in order to make sure that I output of the pin
> always goes to particular memory location in SRAM say X.

> Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

> Regards

> Khan

Sat, 26 Nov 2005 22:56:04 GMT

1. Interrupt from SRAM to FPGA.

2. PC CAE Recommendations for CPLD/FPGA Design - cadquiz.txt (1/1)

3. FPGA design services, FPGA to ASIC conversion

4. ANNOUNCE: FPGA design with FPGA Express - UK Seminars

5. Please post FPGA questions in comp.arch.fpga

6. DLL of a Virtex FPGA and FPGA Express V3.3

7. FPGA design services in VHDL and Verilog, FPGA to ASIC conversion

8. ANNOUNCE: FPGA design with FPGA Express - UK Seminars

9. Writing to PC BIOS RAM Question

10. Writing interrupt rtn in F-PC

11. PC DIO 24 : How can I write to different lines of the same port without reset

12. Get an error writing to COM1 in Rexx on PC DOS 2000 with default interpreter