Opinions on a book?
Author Message
 Opinions on a book?

I'm thinking of buying 'Writing Testbenches: Functional Verification of HDL
Models' by Janick Bergeron.

Does anyone know this book - any opinions?

Thanks,

    Brendan

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Opinions on a book?

Quote:
> I'm thinking of buying 'Writing Testbenches: Functional Verification
of HDL
> Models' by Janick Bergeron.

> Does anyone know this book - any opinions?

> Thanks,

>     Brendan

Brendan,

I bought this book hoping to become more proficient in writing
testbenches.  I was very disappointed.  I found nothing in the book
that helped me.  I asked a colleague to look at the book and give me
his opinion.  He was not impressed either.  If you can get the book on
approval with the option of returning it after X days, then you should
do this and form your own opinion, but it is a lot of money for a book
that may not help you.

Best regards,

Charles
--
What we hope ever to do with ease, we must first learn to do with
diligence." -- Johnson (1709-1784)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Opinions on a book?

        An excellent book. It is expensive but ...

        Written by a chap in the Ottawa Valley...hottest spot on the
        planet for telecomms at pressent. Loads'a jobs.

Quote:

--
[\] Robert Wood
2 Million gates, bah, humbug.

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Opinions on a book?

Quote:
> Brendan,

> I bought this book hoping to become more proficient in writing
> testbenches.  I was very disappointed.  I found nothing in the book
> that helped me.  I asked a colleague to look at the book and give me
> his opinion.  He was not impressed either.  If you can get the book on
> approval with the option of returning it after X days, then you should
> do this and form your own opinion, but it is a lot of money for a book
> that may not help you.

> Best regards,

> Charles

        Maybe you were already proficient. I didn't learn anything
        myself, but it saved me having to explain everything to
        newcomers all over again.

[\] Robert Wood
2 Million gates, bah, humbug.

Mon, 27 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Opinions on Labview books....

2. opinions wanted: scheme book.

3. Opinions on a book?

4. Opinion about a book?

5. Opinion on a book

6. Opinion on a book

7. Your opinions about TCL Books

8. 8051 Forth book opinions?

9. Book opinions

10. Opinions on a VHDL book..?

11. Book Sale - APL Books and others

12. Mentamatics: Books and Stories, a movie book by Ellis D. Cooper