beginners:Synthesability of mod operator,and division query
Author Message
 beginners:Synthesability of mod operator,and division query

Hello,
would like to know whether the mod command(on two ints) will go
through synthesis ok(I know the best way is to try,etc.,but am trying
to finish a project asap,and just need to know whether I should go
this way or another)
also,is there any division operators in vhdl? on integers,and/or
std_logic_vectors?
Thanks  a lot,

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 05:58:20 GMT
 beginners:Synthesability of mod operator,and division query

Quote:

> Hello,
> would like to know whether the mod command(on two ints) will go
> through synthesis ok(I know the best way is to try,etc.,but am trying
> to finish a project asap,and just need to know whether I should go
> this way or another)
> also,is there any division operators in vhdl? on integers,and/or
> std_logic_vectors?
> Thanks  a lot,

Multiplying operators
Supported:
-- * (multiply) operator
-- / (division), mod, and rem operators
-- all multiplying operators defined in IEEE Std 1076.3-1997.
The / (division), mod, and rem operators shall be supported only when
both operands are static or when the
right operand is a static power of 2.
Ben Cohen     Publisher, Trainer, Consultant    (310) 721-4830

Author of following textbooks:
0-9705394-2-8
* Component Design by Example ",  2001 isbn  0-9705394-0-1
* VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies, 2nd Edition, 1999 isbn
0-7923-8474-1
* VHDL Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, 2nd Edition, isbn
0-7923-8115

Wed, 03 Nov 2004 23:43:42 GMT

1. MOD without division

2. Need Help with Division/MOD/REM

3. awk's mod operator % question (application: log base2 non-integer result)

4. Mod operator

5. MOD operator

6. Mod operator in Eclipse

7. Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

8. Numeric and the new division operator

9. PEP238, syntax suggestion for floor division operator (not div)

10. Changing the Division Operator -- PEP 238, rev 1.12

11. Pep 238 Why new // operator (Non-integer Division)

12. Question about Py 2.2.x division operator