RE : Signal Attributes in Viewlogic VHDL
Author Message
 RE : Signal Attributes in Viewlogic VHDL

Quote:

>  I am currently doing a research project which involves behavi{*filter*}modeling
>in VHDL.  I am using Viewlogic VHDL.  I am not able to use the predefined
>attributes for signals in Viewlogic VHDL.  If I have a line like

>  if (clk'EVENT) then ...

>  then the vhdl compiler gives error #99 for Viewlogic VHDL which is

>  "attribute EVENT not specified for CLK"

Which compiler are you using?  Is it the synthesis compiler, old
Viewlogic simulator compiler or the Vantage analyzer?  (Since I'm
familiar with the latter, I doubt that this is coming from the Vantage
analyzer.)

Quote:
>  Do I have to declare the attributes for a signal before using it?  I thought
>that since EVENT is supposed to be a predefined attribute for signals, I can
>use it rightaway.

'EVENT is predefined by the language and you do not need to do
anything special in order to use it (within a simulation when the
simulator supports the full language).  However, synthesis support
varies from vendor to vendor.

Stephen A. Bailey             pager: 408.271.7048
SRBailey Consulting           voice: 408.271.7048
911-C Apricot Avenue          fax:   408.377.1206
Campbell, CA 95008            data:  408.377.1206

Fri, 08 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 RE : Signal Attributes in Viewlogic VHDL

Quote:

> Newsgroups: comp.lang.vhdl
> Subject: RE : Signal Attributes in Viewlogic VHDL
> Hello Netters,

>   I am currently doing a research project which involves behavi{*filter*}modeling
> in VHDL.  I am using Viewlogic VHDL.  I am not able to use the predefined
> attributes for signals in Viewlogic VHDL.  If I have a line like

>   if (clk'EVENT) then ...

>   then the vhdl compiler gives error #99 for Viewlogic VHDL which is

>   "attribute EVENT not specified for CLK"

>   Do I have to declare the attributes for a signal before using it?  I
thought
> that since EVENT is supposed to be a predefined attribute for signals, I can
> use it rightaway.

Have you tried the prising(clk) and pfalling(clk) functions? They're the
functional equivalent of clk'EVENT and clk='1'/clk'EVENT and llk='0' stuff.

I think you need to include the pack1076.vhd package to be able to use the
'standard' attributes.

Hope this helps.

Ben

Sat, 09 May 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Signal attributes on a signal vector

2. VHDL and VIEWLOGIC

3. vhdl and viewlogic problem

4. vhdl viewlogic-specific function

5. VHDL models of Viewlogic primatives

6. Xilinx ViewLogic package and simulating VHDL

7. Synthesizer Bug? ViewLogic, VHDL, and XC4000

8. Open Collector o/p in ViewLogic VHDL

9. Viewlogic VHDL for Xilinx

10. Newbie Viewlogic VHDL Q

11. VHDL and VIEWLOGIC

12. Looking for VHDL & VIEWLOGIC FPGA Experts/Consult