HC11-compatible processor core (VHDL) ?
Author Message
 HC11-compatible processor core (VHDL) ?

Is there a commercial HC11-compatible processor core available in VHDL?

Synthesizable source is preferred, but a netlist is also acceptable.
I am also interested in other microprocessor cores available.

Thanks,

Ilmari

Fri, 23 May 1997 15:25:01 GMT
 HC11-compatible processor core (VHDL) ?

Quote:

>Is there a commercial HC11-compatible processor core available in VHDL?

>Synthesizable source is preferred, but a netlist is also acceptable.
>I am also interested in other microprocessor cores available.

>Thanks,

>Ilmari

There is a 68705 code compatible VHDL core available from an Australian company
SoftSmiths.  They can supply behavioural & structural models + vendor
independent gate-level netlists.  No synthesis required.  Can run at 33 MHz.
The instruction set is user-extendable (ie you can configure it to run
application specific functions - eg to use 2's comp arith or to tightly
couple user logic into the core etc).

They also have a libray of peripheral components (UARTS, timers/counters,
parallel IO, SPI controller etc).  Again this is a set of VHDL models,
behavioural & structural plus gate-level netlists.

They also have an excellent schematic editor which allows easy visualisation of
the models at the various levels.

All well priced.

Contact:

Phone +61 7 847 2990
Fax +61 7 847 2707

Hope this is of use.
Regards
Colin Lythall

Sat, 31 May 1997 20:17:03 GMT

1. hc11 core & fpga or cpld

2. Announce: Free HC11 CPU Core

3. hc11 core & fpga or cpld

4. search for HC11 VHDL model

5. Pentium compatible processors

6. 68000 processor core in verilog

7. 68020 Processor Core

8. How Many Processor Cores Are Enough?

9. Is CUPL VHDL compatible?

10. snom.de vhdl processor mp3

11. need VHDL design for RISC processor MIPS architecture