Xilinx WebPack 4.2 not compiling code that compiled on 3.3
Author Message
 Xilinx WebPack 4.2 not compiling code that compiled on 3.3

Hi all.

I recently had to replace a dead BurchED B5 board.

This had a XC2S200 chip, the new one has XC2S300E.

The WP3.3 did not support it so I downloaded WP4.2 because WP5.2 will not
run on my Win98 system.

I installed in a separate directory, to retain both versions.

However, WP 4.2 is not compiling some code that compiled on 3.3.

Are they unable to co-exist in the same PC at the same time?

In one file, it won't let me take just one bit from a sub-component's
multi-bit output.
I can get round this by connecting it to an intermediate multi-bit signal,
then using just the bit required. It works, only a bit more long winded.

In some other files, it says a signal is assigned but not used, even though
it explicitly _is_ connected to a component later in the file.

The syntax checker and hierarchy checker report no problems.

Thanks in advance, K.

Thu, 08 Sep 2005 00:01:01 GMT

1. Compiling Guile on NeXTStep 3.3

2. Problem compiling 8.4.10 on solaris with gcc 3.3

3. notes on compiling tcl7.5b1 atop NEXTSTEP 3.3

4. Problems with Dynamic Library compiling on AIX 4.2 Python 1.5.2

5. Compiling LAPACK on DEC with Ultrix 4.2 and Fortran 3.0

6. Compiling series in Allegro 4.2

7. Compiling TK 4.2 under Linux

8. libX11 Problems compiling Tk 4.2

9. Has anyone compiled TK 4.2 with Watcom compiler

10. Differences Webpack 4.2 and 5.x

11. Conversion ALDEC Foundation to Webpack ISE 4.2 and later

12. compile-time-too/not-compile-time