Numeric STD Signed/Unsigned/Extra
Author Message
 Numeric STD Signed/Unsigned/Extra

I found in my hard drive 3 files, written by Mentor, that support Numeric std
package.  Since there was no restrictions in the header, I posted them at my
site, under Models.
For compatability and reuse of older designs written with the SYnopsys
packages, you'll find these package very useful.  Also, when designing simple
Unsigned logic (e.g., counters) and conversions of std_logic_vector as unsigned
number into integer (for pointers).

<<Subject: Re: Numeric STD package addition for unsigned

It looks good, but once comments have been implemented, it needs to be
set in stone, because if there are different versions of "standard"
libraries, it is a nightmare...>>
I'll consider those packages fairly stable.

Ben Cohen ????Publisher, Trainer, Consultant ???(310) 721-4830

Author of following textbooks:
* Component Design by Example ... a Step-by-Step Process Using
??VHDL with UART as Vehicle", ?2001 isbn ?0-9705394-0-1
* VHDL Coding Styles and Methodologies, 2nd Edition, 1999 isbn 0-7923-8474-1
* VHDL Answers to Frequently Asked Questions, 2nd Edition, isbn 0-7923-8115
----

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 03:59:09 GMT

1. Numeric STD package addition for unsigned

2. IEEE Numeric types (signed, unsigned)

3. unsigned or std logic vector

4. unsigned word to signed word in RB

5. Signed/Unsigned Documentation CW2.002

6. signed,unsigned in verilog?!

7. Signed/Unsigned Operations for OVI 2.0

8. Signed and unsigned

9. Signed / Unsigned question.

10. Signed and Unsigned numbers?

11. unsigned ,signed how does it works

12. More signed/unsigned arithmetic craziness